Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports
   All Posts (nofishfisherman)


(1) 2 3 4 ... 128 »



Re: Entry To Canada
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
Id for sure go straight to source for info on this. Also doing what Doberfisherman did and get in touch with a law firm in Canada might be wise if they offer a free consultation.

Even if you get a verbal ok over the phone from the Canadian Border folks I've heard more than a few stories of guys getting refused entry based on the mood of the border agent they got that day. I've heard of guys getting denied even after a few successful trips across previously. So much seems to depend on the agent you deal with. A lawyer that deals with this stuff may be able to better address the inconsistent nature of the process and offer some advice.

Posted on: 5/24 12:58:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Buying a foreclosed house
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
Quote:

fishlips wrote:
That was along the lines of what I was thinking of, Brian. Buying from the foreclosure sale like that does require cash and in a lot of cases, the mortgage holder is still in the house at that point and has 6 months to clear up the debt. Its a bit complicated, but has good potential as a $$ maker.


That is probably the route to go if you want to score the absolute best price on a house. You'll just have to be aware that it comes with risk. You may not be able to learn as much about the house and the potential work it may need. The process can take a lot of time and take some complicated twists and turns throughout. However, if you've got plenty of cash, flexible timeline, and ability to absorb the risk there is for sure money to be made there. I have a buddy that has done it several times. He's made some good money from it but even he'll say its far from what the TV shows make it out to be. It involves a lot of time, headaches, money being tied up, uncertainty throughout the entire process from the day you first see the house up to the point you sign on the line to sell it to the next person. He quit doing it once he got married and had a family because it just took too much of his time. He had kept a few properties as rentals and he's even since sold those because it was too much work with family, kids, his real job, etc. He made a pretty good amount off all of them though and lives very comfortably in a half million dollar house now.

Posted on: 5/2 11:50:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Open water?
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
In the metro I think we'll start seeing lakes open up in the next week or two. The lakes I drive by daily are starting to have areas of open water and once that starts the wind and waves can start chewing it up pretty good.

As far as an official ice out date are you referring to statewide? I don't have a guess on that as I haven't been up north since mid Feb.

Posted on: 4/5 12:20:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Open water?
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
If May 4th is the mark then I'll take the under and say it will be open before that. I don't think we had the really thick ice this year like we've seen in other years. We did have a lot of cold but it mostly came after there was a good layer of snow insulating the lakes from freezing real thick. Once that snow starts to melt the water on top of the ice will help the ice go out quickly. In the southern part of the state the rain gave things a big jump start so we're well on our way.

Posted on: 3/20 13:06:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: De-Listing of the Wolf
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
Quote:

brian6715 wrote:
It's mother nature, the wolf has more right to the territory than we do, whether some want to admit it or not. A very small amount of livestock predation doesn't justify hunting them. Numbers are not out of control now, and if they do over populate, the prey cycle will naturally reduce the population. It's mother nature, we need to stay out of it, even if our precious deer hunting is diminished.


Unfortunately that can no longer happen. Humans have upset the balance to such a point that you can't simply sit back and let mother nature dictate the population of a species like the wolf.

Your argument also fall flat the second you don't eliminate deer hunting as well. You can't sit back and let mother nature handle one species but not another, especially considering how interconnected the deer and wolf are.

Posted on: 3/8 16:09:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: De-Listing of the Wolf
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
I think a lot about the wolf gets over blown. Almost everything the average hunter knows about wolves is from anecdotal evidence. Its easy to see wolves are doing in one area and extrapolate that into thinking that wolves are doing the same thing everywhere. When in reality wolves impact can be fairly localized.

I know one of the areas Ive hunted a lot you'll hear guys bad mouth wolves endlessly and blame them for the poor hunting. I'm in the same woods as they are and hunting with a group of people. We've hunted there for many years and logged countless miles of hiking and scouting and we haven't seen so much as a single track. If wolves were as bad as some in that area claim I would have seen at least some evidence of their existence and yet I've seen none. The reality is years and years of the "its brown its down" mentality has hurt the deer population and a lot of hunters won't admit to that and look to blame other factors instead of themselves.

Wolves are of course an issue in some areas and they will move in and out of areas making some years worse than others. I do think they need controlling but I don't think the issue is as bad as some hunters would have you believe.

Posted on: 3/8 13:56:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: De-Listing of the Wolf
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
Quote:

Doberfishman wrote:
I'm sure the lawsuits are already being filed.


I'm sure the lawsuits have been drawn up for awhile now. They were just waiting to fill in the blanks. The minute the wolf is officially de-listed the lawsuits will be filed the minute after.

Hopefully the wolf can stay de-listed this time. There are states that could still probably use protections for the wolves but at this point that can be done at the state level. Here in MN with a health wolf population we may have a hunting season again come fall.

Posted on: 3/7 9:28:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Little Buddy Heater Craps Out Again Arggggg!
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
I have the same exact issue with my little buddy. This is the 2nd time its happened and both happened the first time using it for the year. Last time a good cleaning took care of it but can't figure it out this time.

Posted on: 3/4 10:26:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Whiskey
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
Fireball is really good when added to some hot apple cider. Best possible way to warm up after a cold day hunting or fishing.

When I attended the vikings playoff game at TCF stadium when it was -13 at kickoff my buddy and I smuggled in a flask of fireball. It did wonders to keep us warm.

Posted on: 3/1 11:22:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: License Renewal
LSF Member
Joined:
12/28/2005
Posts: 1345
Quote:

MasterGopherHunter wrote:
Quote:

nofishfisherman wrote:
Quote:

tonkatom wrote:
they changed the date a couple of years ago
a MN 2018-2019 fishing licence is good THRU March 31, 2019


weve got one more month before a new licence is needed


From what I recall that was true but then they changed it back. Even when it was good through March the license still said it expired at the end of February.


I believe it was actually April 30th, but the point is the same. They only did it for a couple years, around 2012-2014 I believe, before changing it back to the end of February.

I still don't understand why they don't make a yearly license valid from Jan 1 - Dec 31.


Yeah that could be, I couldn't remember what they changed it to, if was the end or beginning of April. I assume they changed it back to Feb because they couldn't figure out how to change the expiration date on the actual license since i believe it never did reflect the temporary change.

It would certainly be easier to remember to due do it Jan 1 - Dec 31 but I also see where it makes sense to do it during the primary closed season when the fewest number of people are out fishing. That way you don't have to go out in the heard of ice season to buy a new license.

Posted on: 2/28 13:30:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



 Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 128 »




 

 
Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page