From Cottage Grove, MN
Anyone with any info in that area?

Posted on: 2006/12/19 17:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Chisago Fishing and Ice Reports?
Staff Team
From East Central,MN
From what I have been hearing....
The channel has shut off for the most part. Sounds like the south bay is doing very well. I am not sure how the rest of the lake is doing for ice but the eagles nest is always good too. Ice on the channel and the bay are both 6-7 inches.

Posted on: 2006/12/19 21:33
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From martin lake
We have been out fishing by the eagles nest sevaral times this week and have not been having very much success. the ice is 5 or 6 inches but there is a big crack from the point to the island so if your going out be careful.

Posted on: 2006/12/21 10:19

LSF Member
From Chisago City, MN
Stopped out at the channel yesterday during the rain and there were a handful of guys fishing out there. Walked out about 100 yards and it seemed to me that the rain didn't do to much damage to the ice. Didn't but any holes so can't give you an ice measurement. I'm planning on heading out next week and will post my results.

Dan

Posted on: 2006/12/22 10:17

LSF Member
From Chisago City, MN
Was out on South Lindstrom today. Right around 8" of ice in front of the Dinnerbel. Caught a few small sunnies and a handful of bass. Not a bad day to be on the ice. Lots of guys running wheelers and even saw a jeep out on the ice.
Dan

Posted on: 2006/12/26 19:55

LSF Member
From Cottage Grove, MN
I'm Heading up to chisago area tommorrow will post update when I get back.

Posted on: 2006/12/26 23:47

LSF Member
From Lino Lakes
We stopped up at the South end of Chisago. Appeared to be permanent shacks pretty much all over even an F150 driving out to a permanent shack. A local stated that there was a good eight on the south end. We did not drill any holes.

Centerville has a huge amount of open water running east to west. One fishermen on a bucket, south end.

Peltier has alot of portables. Didn't look like any kind of vehicle traffic. Lots of portables right off of 14. The ice did not look to good.

Clear Lake had some open water and a few portables.

Posted on: 2006/12/27 15:14

LSF Member
From Burnsville, Minnesota
With these temps we are not going to have safe ice in the Twin Cities area at all this year, maybe after the new year starts?

Posted on: 2006/12/27 16:50

LSF Member
From Cottage Grove, MN
Just got back from South Center fished off of sunset point, pretty slow caught a few cigar walleyes. Ice was anywere from 6-8 inches. a nice crack has developed on the west side of the point. Plenty of ATV's and mobilers(no snow) plenty of portables and quite a few permanents.

Posted on: 2006/12/27 19:52

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page