Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: ice fishing ethics
LSF Member
From Bemidji
You know what bugs me most about what this guy is doing to me? Its the fact that I spent years trying patterns, inventing patterns, and testing all over Bemidji and many of the 100s of other lakes around here. Many a fishing trip ended with more frustration than enjoyment. My freinds and family say im sick but its in my blood. Now this guy has taken my hundreds of hours and completely destroyed it because this is a spot that will not hold up to this kind of presure.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 13:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Cambridge, MN
I stopped guiding for the same reason and am like you relative to a little over the edge with the passion. I stopped fishing altogether for 10 years due to this issue and I was guiding on the Whitefish Chain. When I began fishing again went right into bass touraments and was able to not allow this subject to bother me anymore. Simply put you just have to let it go and move on, sad but true for there are only two kinds of people - leaders / followers. The leaders will always be followed if they are good but the great ones can ignore it and improvise.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 14:16

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Unfortunately, he is completely within his right. It doesn't make it any easier to you having your spot on the spot moved in on and possibly ruined.

I for one won't be casting the first stone when it comes to people moving in on a spot behind me or even right next to me.

You can't tell me noone here has never moved in on a spot when someone else left or made a mental note to go back to a spot where you saw a portable set up to check it out for yourself. We have all done it at one time or another. Usually it doesn't amount to anything, but sometimes it does.

I for one will not fish a spot when someome else is on it - I don't believe on crowding others, but not everyone has the same ethics with personal space and courtesy when fishing.

I take a lot more pride out of finding a spot by myself as most of you do as well.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 15:30

LSF Member
From Bemidji
I'm not too worried about the guy that got close to me with the snowmobile because the track leads right to his home. I could always pay him a visit, especially make him look like a dumb sh*t in front of his wife! That would make my day.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 20:12

From Bemidji
First of Charlie you sat across from me in the bait shop telling me how you were limiting out on perch before noon. My house was not to far from where you where. I did see you out there. I did'nt just jump right over there. You did'nt come out for a few days and I had some customers that wanted to catch some Perch. So I fished in a portable one day and put a house there the next. When you were writing on this forum the house was already gone. and the road plowed shut again. This "spot is 175' by 115', or 20,000 sq ft. I apolgize for offending you. You don't think I know? If you would have approached me like a man, instead of going in my fish house and droppin' F bombs and and scaring the **** out of my customers. Drilling holes by the house with the intentions of flooding it, and then when I callled you would'nt talk to me. and also telling people I know, that told me how you where going to sabotage the house. I would have told you I was only going to be there for 2 days.

Posted on: 2009/1/22 11:21

LSF Member
From lakeville mn,
welcome to lsf ADG I hope you two can be civil and maybe just stay away from one another good luck fishing and guideing. slushflush

Posted on: 2009/1/22 11:36

LSF Member
From Bemidji
wow you sure have a rosey picture of how all this went down. Since you did this to me I have talked to other people who said you have did the same thing to them. Im starting to think your track record speaks for itself. Its funny how pople knew who I was talking about without mentioning a name. If you are going to represent Bemidji ice fishermen get some ethics first.

Posted on: 2009/1/22 11:49

LSF Member
From Saint Francis
Not taking any sides here....

if the talk in the baitshop about limiting out is true... well... I certainly don't think you can expect any less. Baitshops are also paid to provide good advice. I would think that you were lucky to only have 1 group move in on "your" spot...

As well... if the following is true:

in my fish house and droppin' F bombs and and scaring the **** out of my customers. Drilling holes by the house with the intentions of flooding it... and also telling people I know, that told me how you where going to sabotage the house.

Where are the ethics here?

Posted on: 2009/1/22 12:02

Supporting Member
From Bemidji
ADG,

First off welcome to LSF.

Second off, boys I just want to give you a quick FRIENDLY reminder of the rules on LSF. We have a PM system. If you want to fight... take it there. If it's just freindly back and forth jibber jabber, that's fine in the forum. But under NO circumstance shoud name calling or badgering start. If that happens, the topic will be locked and further action taken if need be.

Thanks... and HAVE FUN on LSF... Hope you guys love it as much as we do!

Posted on: 2009/1/22 12:02

LSF Member
From Saint Francis
WG... ain't you just a bright ray of sunshine!!!

Posted on: 2009/1/22 12:06

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page