Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Band members WILL net Lake Bemidji
LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
BEWARE! Ive gotten word that there will be cameras and lawyers present at the landing just wanting for someone to commit a "hate" crime. They think that they've got this all figured out but this is gunna be one big check that their butts can't cash. Unless they get a heavily liberal judge...

Oh and it was also stated that the federal government WILL be paying for their fines and legal fees... Bullsh!t!!!

Posted on: 2010/5/11 8:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Elk River/Bemidji, MN
Bemidji Boys- Anyone planning on being at the public assesses when they do this? I'll be in the Cass Lake area for opener and would put my rod down from fishing if somethings planned.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 9:56

LSF Member
From Cologne
I just received this in an e-mail this morning. It only takes a few minutes to sign, and maybe it will open some eyes. Enough of this BS already!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stoptribalnetting/

Posted on: 2010/5/11 11:01

LSF Member
From Chanhassen
1855 treaty does not say anything about off reservation rights to hunt, fish or gather in the ceded lands.

1837 treaty does but that does not apply to the area ceded in 1855.

Where do the think they get the right to off Reservation fishing in the 1855 treaty?

These treaties are pretty simple.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 13:03

LSF Member
From Clearwater County
It would sure be easier to get some word out if the Bemidji Pioneer would actually print that the natives are NOW saying they plan to actually net the waters. They did put a short article out, however will not say what the star trib says. That seems very odd to me.

Not sure how this is gonna play out, but it can't be good.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 16:53

LSF Member
From East Gull Lake/Bemidji
I just got this from Senator Mary Olson:

I hope you will take the time to read a commentary piece I am submitting to the Bemidji Pioneer regarding this issue - I think it will be printed Friday. I am publically urging tribal members NOT to fish ahead of the legal fishing opener.

Mary Olson

She doesn't give a stance...we'll see what she writes in the paper!!

Here is her email address, send her a note with your thoughts and ideas!!

Sen.Mary.Olson@senate.mn

Posted on: 2010/5/11 17:15

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
If this happens I sure hope there is a large group of local fishermen at the public accesses demonstrating against this.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 17:44
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From rockford/buffalo Minnesota
Quote:

Steve950 wrote:
1855 treaty does not say anything about off reservation rights to hunt, fish or gather in the ceded lands.

1837 treaty does but that does not apply to the area ceded in 1855.

Where do the think they get the right to off Reservation fishing in the 1855 treaty?

These treaties are pretty simple.

I think they are on the grounds the 1855 treaty did not take away the rights of the 1837. With treatys you need a treaty to take away the rights of the other signed by both parties

Posted on: 2010/5/11 19:45

LSF Member
From rockford/buffalo Minnesota
Quote:

sunkinboat wrote:
If this happens I sure hope there is a large group of local fishermen at the public accesses demonstrating against this.

If you must go please be civil no racist name calling all over the news to make us look like savages. Also going to the launch will hinder law enforcements duties from fish violations to crowd control. They will pick saftey of people over a ticket of fishing out of season. so you might see no enforcement if crowds gets ugly.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 19:51

LSF Member
From Buffalo, MN
Quote:

benji wrote:
Quote:

sunkinboat wrote:

Also going to the launch will hinder law enforcements duties from fish violations to crowd control. They will pick saftey of people over a ticket of fishing out of season. so you might see no enforcement if crowds gets ugly.

Ben, who is going to "enforce" anything? What is the DNR going to do? What can local law enforcement do(that is to illegal fisherman)? I have a feeling it will be nothing...hence the need for demonstration. Not advocating violence in any way but there are plenty of "peaceful" ways of making that day miserable for the netters. I hope a lot of people show up and their "voices" will be heard.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 20:07

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page