Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Ice Report from Adrians Resort, Morris Point, Zippel Bay and Springsteel
Staff Team
From Roosevelt, MN
I just got off the phone with a guy from adrians and asked him if anyone has been on the ice yet.

He told me he was out there this morning and found a little bit of slush on the ice in 4 mile bay and expects it to fully freeze by the morning.

out past pine island he went about a half mile onto the lake and found 5" of clear ice, apparently the wind had blown the snow all around and nothing had stuck to the ice. as far as he could see at least...which was only about a quarter mile.

I called Morris point the gal I talked to said nobody had been out checking the ice, and looking out all she could see was snow on the ice. now was it snow, or snow on all the jagged ice on shore? I'm not sure. i'm guessing it was a bartender i talked to and may not be totally in tune with whats going on on the ice.

Zippel bay - I talked to Nick the owner and he is reporting 3.5 inches out on the lake. alot of snow blowing around here as well. didn't sound like he was too worried about the effects of the snow. with subzero temps coming up the next few days hopefully it'll start making ice pretty fast.

Springsteel said nobody has even ventured out to start checking the ice.

Posted on: 2010/11/30 14:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice Report from Adrians Resort, Morris Point, Zippel Bay and Springsteel
Staff Team
Great report and thanks for taking the time to let us down south no how the conditions are up there. Thanks..................Kirk

Posted on: 2010/11/30 15:20

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Moorhead
LOWFisherman you are a good man. I am heading that way on the 19th of Dec. Can't wait. Thanks for the outstanding report. It is good to hear the snow is not sticking to the ice.

Posted on: 2010/11/30 15:44

Staff Team
From Roosevelt, MN
Quote:

luckyhat71 wrote:
LOWFisherman you are a good man. I am heading that way on the 19th of Dec. Can't wait. Thanks for the outstanding report. It is good to hear the snow is not sticking to the ice.

I'm hoping to get out the weekend before that. however I have to cook at arnesens that weekend, depending on what time I have to be there i may try to get out in the AM. if not my first trip will be the same weekend you are going to be up here.

Posted on: 2010/11/30 16:05

LSF Member
From Lakeville, MN
Great news LOW - thanks for the tid bit most of us are chomping at the bit!

Posted on: 2010/11/30 16:33

LSF Member
From Chaska
Thanks for the report Dave. Maybe it isn't as bad as i feared it could be. Yippie,now I'm pumped again.

Posted on: 2010/11/30 17:29

Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.(unknown)

Staff Team
From Roosevelt, MN
The scuttlebutt around the bait shops i'm hearing is that there is a good 5" of decent ice out on the main lake. I'm hoping FishSlayer will be able to chime in tonight with a good report!

I drove out to Long point today to take a look, didn't see much as far as snow on the ice, but I did see a good number of pressure ridges. And a bunch of ice mountians along shore to the east of the landing.

Posted on: 2010/12/1 11:48

LSF Member
From Fargo
Thanks for the update, I was hoping that the wind and snow haven't completely wrecked it yet. anyways hopefully christmas weekend will be up to slay em .

Posted on: 2010/12/1 17:53

LSF Member
From Chaska
LOWFisherman, I usually fish out of Jeff's right before Christmas and on Xmas eve because I like the fact that there is nobody else around and we ALWAYS catch a ton of fish.I was wondering if there other places around there(Zipplebay to Longpoint to Warroad) that are reasonable and will put you on the fish without all the traffic scaring the fish away.I have a friend who has fished Arnesons for years but he doesn't seem to have as good of luck on the bigguns.We are contemplating trying them though.

Posted on: 2010/12/1 19:35

Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.(unknown)

Staff Team
From Roosevelt, MN
Quote:

spotchecker wrote:
LOWFisherman, I usually fish out of Jeff's right before Christmas and on Xmas eve because I like the fact that there is nobody else around and we ALWAYS catch a ton of fish.I was wondering if there other places around there(Zipplebay to Longpoint to Warroad) that are reasonable and will put you on the fish without all the traffic scaring the fish away.I have a friend who has fished Arnesons for years but he doesn't seem to have as good of luck on the bigguns.We are contemplating trying them though.

I'm a bit lost here I apologize. Jeffs?

Posted on: 2010/12/1 20:05

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page