Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Good quality ice fishing chair?
LSF Member
Bought Eskimo folding chair and used 1 time, JUNK! Returned and bought a couple of Ameristep tripods at fleet farm and when I tested them at home, JUNK!! Can someone please tell me there is a good quality chair out there for ice fishing, I'm really getting sick of the crap that is out there. I am about 190 lbs. So I am far from being too big for these chairs.

Posted on: 2012/1/2 21:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Good quality ice chair?
LSF Member
From Elk River
clam ice chair it doubles as a back pack

Posted on: 2012/1/2 21:31

Re: Good quality ice fishing chair?
LSF Member
From Crosby
my problem is all these chairs are so low to the ground. I can't find one that is a bit higher off the ground when my back is hurting or is stiff, it's hard and painful as hell to get outta them things. Not sure on the clam one though. so far i found I got this huge bucket (8-10 gallon) thats the perfect height.

Posted on: 2012/1/3 2:21

LSF Member
From Brainerd
I would go with the Clam chair as well. It's $69.99 right now on sale at Cabelas and it doubles as a back pack, fish bucket, and holds some of your gear. I am 6 ft. and rouhgly 220 lbs. and it works well for me. I had back surgery about a year ago and I was looking for something that would give me some support and it works well for me.

Hope this helps

Posted on: 2012/1/3 11:02

LSF Member
From Brainerd
Not sure where you live but there is a Clam chair only used 2 times last yeat and the guy is selling it for $48 dollars. It's a great price and all you have to do is respond to this email address if you like it!

sale-y6wjc-2776321874@craigslist.org

The guy lives in Hugo- thought this might help you out!

Posted on: 2012/1/3 13:37

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
I have been looking at a few chairs for the duck blind at Cabellas but the online reviews werent the greatest. I just came across this one that looks to be more comfortable and could be used both for ice fishing as well as hunting. A little more expensive then the traditional seats, but could be worth it after after a couple of uses.

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-TANAC212S

Posted on: 2012/1/3 13:56

Double bull qs3 stool. . . Very comfy.

Posted on: 2012/1/4 0:11

LSF Member
From Metro
Clam ice chair OR you can jsut get the "cushion" that goes ontop of your bucket from joes.

Posted on: 2012/1/4 11:37

LSF Member
Quote:

bug wrote:

JUNK...do not waste your time with these chairs. They are very poorly made and the material will last two seasons at best. In fact, It'll start coming apart the first day you use it!

Posted on: 2012/1/4 13:02

LSF Member
From Hartville, OH / Lake Erie
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:
Quote:

bug wrote:

JUNK...do not waste your time with these chairs. They are very poorly made and the material will last two seasons at best. In fact, It'll start coming apart the first day you use it!

Ive had mine for about 5 or 6 years and have never had a problem with it. I have only used it as a chair probaly 7 or 8 times mainly storage. The back is too straight up for me and is uncomfortable. Other than that i would use it all the time!

Posted on: 2012/1/4 13:07

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page