Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Area Update (Pics)
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Spent a majority of the weekend searching new water for crappies and bluegills. First couple lakes didn’t pan out very well after drilling a lot of holes and trying areas that looked promising. We did manage to stumble upon a few schools of crappies that were somewhat active. The water we targeted was deeper water with shallower shorelines or mid lake structure adjacent. These areas have been holding fish for the last few weeks. This just goes to show this type of mid-winter pattern holds true on almost any body of water and can be translated very easily. We started in the 25-30 FOW range for the crappies and found the schools were moving very fast and roaming a lot. Drilling a lot of holes was crucial to staying on these scattered schools. Lindy bugs laced with a white/clear plastic was again deadly and I have yet to take this combo off my rod all year! Here is my buddy Trapper with a few decent fish from the mix…

No true giants were located this weekend but we both had the need to keep a few for dinner. These are just a few of the many we caught and did release a few nicer ones…

The walleyes have been a tight lipped lately but we are getting a few a night, its just not what we were used to a few weeks ago. One thing that has been working to entice these finicky biters is down sizing. What I mean by this is instead of using an aggressive bait like a Lindy Rattl’N Flyer that makes a lot of noise below the ice, we have been switching to smaller Frostee spoons in more natural colors like silvers and gold’s. This really stood out for us a couple nights ago when my buddy was using a small gold Frostee and I using a Chartreuse Flyer and he out fished me hands down. Something to think about as we approach the dog days of winter and it might just put more fish on your line.

Pout have been showing signs to while walleye fishing. My buddy trevor got in on the action tonight and pulled this nice one off of mid lake structure in 15 FOW. This one was FULL of spawn when he cleaned it tonight. It wont be long till they are really feeding heavy! Nice one bud…

Posted on: 2013/2/4 20:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Area Update (Pics)
LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes/Fargo, ND
Nice work Spense and great write up! You take some awesome pictures as well.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 20:40

Re: Area Update (Pics)
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Thanks buddy! Keep catching those eyes!

Posted on: 2013/2/6 16:00

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page