Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Area ice coditions
LSF Member
I have a group of 4 guys (including myself) coming into the area to do some fishing this weekend (1st-4th). I'm not looking for hot spots/lakes or anything like that. Just looking for ice coditions and thickness of most of the lakes. Are people driving small trucks and cars out? Is there a lot of water on the ice? I'm just trying to get an idea of what to pack. Any information will be greatly appreciated thank in advance.

Posted on: 2014/12/27 10:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Area ice coditions
LSF Member
I am on the south side of osakis. We have 14-15in everywhere we have drilled. We drove a full size truck out with a 16ft ice castle. There are still a couple water pockets in places but ice has formed over them. For the most part everything is rock solid again. Just take your time and watch for bad spots where they was houses during the warm weather.

Posted on: 2014/12/27 12:36

LSF Member
Thanks!

Posted on: 2014/12/27 18:22

LSF Member
I am on the south side of osakis as well. I was probably a mile or so north of the shanty town all by myself and I pulled my 6.5x12 out no problem. Buddy of mine drove all across the lower portion of the lake. 14-15 inches everywhere we found as well.

Posted on: 2014/12/29 9:12

LSF Member
From Ghent
Anyone been on Mary or pocket lake. What are the ice conditions there? Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2015/1/5 20:58

LSF Member
From cold spring mn
Quote:

jake125 wrote:
I am on the south side of osakis as well. I was probably a mile or so north of the shanty town all by myself and I pulled my 6.5x12 out no problem. Buddy of mine drove all across the lower portion of the lake. 14-15 inches everywhere we found as well.
I heard there is an ice ridge out there from a guy that lives on the lake. not familiar with the lake to explain where but he said a truck fell in there . just a heads up.

Posted on: 2015/1/5 21:43

LSF Member
Im assuming that was farther north yet, south of battle point and north of the arrow head region. The lake is 10 miles long, so I can understand how one can get confused

Posted on: 2015/1/6 8:51

Staff Team
Quote:

Tuckerjames wrote:
Anyone been on Mary or pocket lake. What are the ice conditions there? Thanks in advance.

I'm interested as well, if anyone can provide some input.

Thanks all!

Posted on: 2015/1/6 19:15

LSF Member
From Lake Osakis, MN
Quote:

jake125 wrote:
Im assuming that was farther north yet, south of battle point and north of the arrow head region. The lake is 10 miles long, so I can understand how one can get confused

jake125
I have been up here since 1996, actually full time for just the last six years. I was a weekender prior to that. I have never heard the arrow head region mentioned before. Do you mind telling me where that is? Always time to learn something new.

Posted on: 2015/1/6 20:38

LSF Member
Retired-
I am a weekender, we got our cabin right about a year ago so I have been kinda making my own names for structure but I am sure it is called something different. I refer to the arrowhead region as the center part of the lake that is south of moon bar around the 3 mile area, its a big flat that runs out to the deeper structure. If you look at a navionics map you will see it. Its about 8-14 feet of water that looks identical to an arrow head. The tip of it runs down to 65 f.ow. Hence the name. Hope this helps, and ifts its a different name please inform me, still learning the lake. Thanks!!

Posted on: 2015/1/7 8:59

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page