Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Rainy river ice out 2016
LSF Member
Hey guys ..last year was my first rainy river spring fishing experience,and it was a blast...I'm trying to plan a few trips for this spring.I have spawning walleyes on my mind... What's everyone's experience with past few years ice melt????I think we were up there the first two weekends of april last year out of birchdale....with the late ice this year should I be planning on end of March???????

Posted on: 2016/2/14 18:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Rainy river ice out 2016
Staff Team
That my friend is the magical question every year, you just have to watch the forums and see how the ice out is going. I will be up for my sixth time chasing the mighty sturgeon and will be there first day after the walleye guys get out of town. Every year we anticipate the ice out and I can't wait to get up there and catch a prehistoric fish again...........Kirk

Posted on: 2016/2/14 18:32

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From mora mn
If u go onto clementson Resorts website and go back on the dates you should find a page that shows ice out dates of past years. That being said I'm thinking an early ice out with the way the year has been. I plan a cpl walleye trips and cpl sturg trips.

Posted on: 2016/2/14 18:34

LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
Its too bad clementson is closed for the spring and is for sale, they were great for riverupdates but LSF will have updates and threads going as we draw closer.

Posted on: 2016/2/14 19:42

LSF Member
From mora mn
Quote:

weedis99 wrote:
Its too bad clementson is closed for the spring and is for sale, they were great for riverupdates but LSF will have updates and threads going as we draw closer.

Yea I just heard that the other day. Maybe some one will buy it for spring opener. Other wise royal Dutchman has reports also. Have stayed there a few time and thought they were real nice people.

Posted on: 2016/2/14 20:44

LSF Member
From Chaska, MN
First of all, I am just pumped we are having this discussion!!!! Secondly, x3 on Clementson's, seems like a good deal for anyone interested in being Resort owner's on LOW/Rainy! http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16498620/3583-SE-State-Highway-11-Baudette-MN/

To the OP I am guessing an early ice out also, I say a month from now there are going to be boats sliding across the ice! Sounds like the river didn't get a ton of ice this year, and warmer weather is on it's way!

Posted on: 2016/2/15 9:59

Staff Team
I maybe reading this wrong but I just read where the walleye season closes on April 14, 2016 and the sturgeon season will open April 24th. I always thought that Walleye season closed on a Saturday and the Sturgeon started on the next day. Am I reading this wrong or have they changed everything this year?...........Kirk

Can't remember where I just read it, damn old age.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/areas/fisheries/baudette/winter_handout_2013.pdf

Posted on: 2016/2/15 17:17

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From mora mn
Quote:

Kirk wrote:
I maybe reading this wrong but I just read where the walleye season closes on April 14, 2016 and the sturgeon season will open April 24th. I always thought that Walleye season closed on a Saturday and the Sturgeon started on the next day. Am I reading this wrong or have they changed everything this year?...........Kirk

Can't remember where I just read it, damn old age.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/areas/fisheries/baudette/winter_handout_2013.pdf

The last 2 years I've gone up I thought was like this. Still catch and release just the keep season opens 24th

Posted on: 2016/2/15 18:19

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page