Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Where to go?
LSF Member
I'm heading up tomorrow and wondering where the best bite is right now. By pine? Zipple? Long point? I'm bringing snowmobiles up so moving around won't be hard, but if there is any place where I can drive my half ton out and catch fish that would be awesome!

Posted on: 2016/12/27 13:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Where to go?
LSF Member
Got home a couple days ago from fishing near pine island for two days.Three of us got our limits of both walleye and sauger the first day we fished . We ate up a bunch that night , and filled out the next day with what we ate the night before , then put back quite a few more . Also some released fish at 25,24,23,21 inches. We fished just one spot at 19 feet , had chubs and shiners both , but chubs worked better , colors were gold ,pink , chartreuse. I believe half ton trucks are now permitted, check first . Good luck.

Posted on: 2016/12/27 18:44

LSF Member
From Zipple Bay & Plymouth
Fished Zippel yesterday and today. Fairly slow, all small. I would try pine as fish are still coming out of river.

Posted on: 2016/12/27 19:38

LSF Member
Fished pine yesterday and only got a couple all day with trying multiple depths and presentations anywhere from 17-29fow however I managed to pick up a 29.5 inch as soon as I dropped my lure. Today we made the run to 5 mile reef and picked up 2 saugers and 2 walleyes. Overall the bite was little to non existent. Dont listen to the resorts on how fishing is. We talked to a lot of people with the same story. For anyone going out I wish you luck.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 23:35

LSF Member
From Dickinson, ND
Geez Nick14zup... You caught a 29.5" trophy walleye and from your post I would have thought your dog died... I'd be happy with your bad day any day of the week bud.

Could be worse.

Don't ever judge the overall current bite from what the resorts say... Look what they do for a living... I'm not talking down about them, they pump up the bite to turn a profit.

Fish on!!!

Posted on: 2016/12/29 23:50

LSF Member
That is true. I am very proud of my fish, I weighed it when I got home and it broke 10lbs so it's going on my wall. It was a suprise to catch that fish hearing that many haven't gotten big fish. It was just a little disheartening driving 4 hours to catch 7 fish over 2 days, oh well it's fishing

Posted on: 2016/12/30 13:47

LSF Member
Not ALL give false reports.............It's kind of a crap shoot if you tell the truth you'll loose some if you lie you'll loose some too.Hey that sounds like the beginning of a country song........fish on grasshopper!c63

Posted on: 2016/12/30 19:06

LSF Member
From West Fargo
Fishing has many elements to it, so to say the resorts are pumping up the bite to turn a profit is unfair.

You can't catch any fish in your living room so get out there and wet a line. Good luck and safe travels to everyone! Have a safe and Happy New Year.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 20:15

LSF Member
From Dickinson, ND
Quote:

toursauce32 wrote:
Fishing has many elements to it, so to say the resorts are pumping up the bite to turn a profit is unfair.

You can't catch any fish in your living room so get out there and wet a line. Good luck and safe travels to everyone! Have a safe and Happy New Year.

Agreed... I mean no disrespect when I said that... I love it up there and can't wait to get back when I leave.

Posted on: 2016/12/31 0:26

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page