Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Need to bring plow to get away
LSF Member
From Gaylord
Just checking if anyone knows the snow conditions? and if I should bring my plow along to get away from the crowds. Or can you drive anywhere yet? Also any ideas where the best place to head out of would be. Would like to head to Center bar. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Bringing wife so would like to get her on some eye's. Happy wife happy life!! Right!!!

Posted on: 1/10 16:14:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Need to bring plow to get away
LSF Member
From Wahkon,MN
Boondocks landing, furthest landing to the west on URL.
http://www.boondockslanding.com/index.html

Posted on: 1/10 16:21:40

LSF Member
From Northern MN
I got chains on to get away from the road. We came up yesterday, and with the resent snow/wind it will be tough going. Got some good sized drifts to bust threw. If you are wanting to get off on your own,for piece on mind bring plow.

Posted on: 1/10 18:47:24

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Last weekend I was going off road in my little Chevy S-10. Didn't get stuck once. With a full-size truck, you should be good to go. Go around the drifts or try and find old tracks from another vehicle and you'll be fine.

Posted on: 1/10 18:54:16

LSF Member
From Northern MN
Were you pulling a wheel house?

Posted on: 1/10 18:59:21

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Quote:

yukonman wrote:
Just checking if anyone knows the snow conditions? and if I should bring my plow along to get away from the crowds. Or can you drive anywhere yet? Also any ideas where the best place to head out of would be. Would like to head to Center bar. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Bringing wife so would like to get her on some eye's. Happy wife happy life!! Right!!!

You and everyone else will want to get on center bar. Better off finding some ice that is less crowded.

Posted on: 1/10 19:19:32

LSF Member
From Leech Lake
Check with Chaz at Boondocks he will shoot you straight. I was there last Saturday and travel was no problem.

Posted on: 1/10 21:00:30

Walleyes-Pike-Crappies-Bass-Musky

LSF Member
"Just checking if anyone knows the snow conditions? and if I should bring my plow along to get away from the crowds."
You should check with the people running the road you are on before plowing any plowbanks up. All plowbanks on the lake will eventually drift in and sink from the weight creating a slush pocket that keeps any other roads from crossing that area. The roads try hard to not put up any unnecessary banks all winter and try to only put banks where they will not be in the way later in the winter. A bank in the wrong place can shut off access to huge areas later in the winter. Also if a person plows a trail/small road somewhere others will follow and if the wind blows everybody there could become trapped. I know that at least one road is discouraging trucks with plows already.
"Lake update: At this time we are asking no trucks with plows through our access to help with our future roads."

Posted on: 1/10 21:56:35

LSF Member
From Bemidji area --Red Lake
Boondocks Landing is not the furthest West.

Sandberg Road is further. It is a public access and still on non-tribal fishable water.

Posted on: 1/11 10:47:44

LSF Member
From Gaylord
THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT GUYS!!

Posted on: 1/11 15:36:34

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page