Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: 2017 Trout Opener
LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
ok thanks for the info! I was hoping I could catch them out deep with my vexilar but I guess we will just post up in the shallows for the first couple hours.

Posted on: 1/11 9:36:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From andover
Zachd had it right about rainbows. If you fishing for rainbows, your best bet is the shallows. I fish in less than 10 feet most of the time. I have caught them in deep water but they are in the top 10 feet under the ice and often just under the ice. Brook trout and splake are also found in the shallows during hard water which has been my experience in the Arrowhead reagion of stream trout lakes.

I like using small spoons with minnow heads, panfish jigs with euro larva or waxies, or sometimes just a small hook with just one waxie when things are slow. Minnows are not allowed in designated trout waters and you do need a trout stamp to fish these lakes. Non designated trout lakes allow the use of live bait and a trout stamp is needed in order to keep trout. I fish Grindstone a lot and that is a non designated trout lake. I also have caught brown trout in the shallower water as well. I've caught my biggest while using a tip up with a shiner [non designated trout lake]. good luck.

Posted on: 1/11 10:49:54

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
Quote:

Bobb-o wrote:
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

Bobb-o wrote:
Not sure where you got that info? Just checked the DNR website and it says Allen and Pleasant are the only lakes closed in Crow Wing County.

After further review I didn't read it right and you are correct

You had me worried as I will be down there this weekend chasing them on the pits, had to look it up!!

I will try to maybe make a go at it this weekend also

Posted on: 1/11 11:40:46

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page