Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Fish lake
LSF Member
From Chaska
Go away looperscooper!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2017/1/6 6:51

Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.(unknown)
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Duluth, MN
Thanks for the Info Reinhard. Its Def. Not a secret that Fish has 8,000k people in front of the dam Every year all winter long. I was out Sat. & drove by and she was packed like normal. It does appear that Hi Banks has the road plowed out now according to their FB Page.

#pooperscooper?

Posted on: 2017/1/6 12:04

LSF Member
I believe this is all a misunderstanding and I would be willing to meet with the party's involved at there favorite fishing spot preferably in a wheelhouse to help sort out the conflict . Your certified councilor

Posted on: 2017/1/6 12:43

LSF Member
From andover
I don't know if this is the same Looper guy that I had a run in when I was posting on "the other site". At that time the name was "StupidLooper", yes the real name. That person was mad at me for giving information about the steelhead and looper run every spring. I didn't give out any specific information on the rivers, just that they were running or not. Based on information from my brother who fishes the streams every day. Seems that he thought he had exclusive rights to the area. Didn't want any city slickers up there messing with the streams.

I lived in Duluth for years and had to move down here because of employment. I fish the Arrowhead area mostly. Seldom down here. I have hunted up north of Duluth since the 60's and spent more time up there than this Looper guy over the years. Basicly I live down here but fish and hunt up there. I do not report on smaller lakes much at all. When I do, I don't name the lake, just what kind of a day I had there. It's laughable to say that bait shops don't catch the ear of Minnesota anglers. It just takes a click on the puter to get reports from all over this state and current ones at that.

I've had folks [very few] get mad at me talking about Grindstone Lake. Look at all the hits that lake has gotten. So what are the results of that. Nothing has changed as far as the fish population, nothing. One thing that has changed is that finally the boat launch was dredged out. Very good news. The trout there are put and take for the most part and get's stocked every year. You will see lot's of folks ice fish this lake once trout seasons opens. After opener, the crowds size goes down quickly. Open water season there you will see some folks on opener and through the summer, you may be the only one on the lake, besides maybe someone who lives there on the lake. Why? because it's not a walleye lake and if you never have fished the lake, it's hard to learn and folks get frustrated.

Fish Lake, Boulder, Island and Rice lakes all get action basically all year long. Giving information on a particular day's bite is good for that day only. Should have been there yesterday is a phrase we all have heard many times, so it's not a guarentee you will catch any. I love that area, and will always be a part of it and take care of the waters and woods I visit. I'm going up there next week and the week after. Probably to Rice Lake first. Want to get some pike. Then try for crappies.

One other note. The Harbor by Park Point access, is producing some walleye's also. Some large ones as well have been released. But it hasn't been consistent. This cold weather is keeping a lot of anglers off the ice, including me. Weather has a lot to do with angling pressure also and right now there are not of folks on the ice. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 13:27

Die young as old as possible.

LSF Member
Hey Looper, what ever changed your attitude. I see from some of the posts on the forum and maybe others, that you have asked how the fishing was on a certain lake. so, someone answers with some info you get mad about it DAH

Posted on: 2017/1/6 15:06

LSF Member
From Two Harbors
Reinhards the man. Dont let em bring you down brother. keep on keepin on. 10,000 lakes. 4 million acres of public national forest within reach of duluth. Dont like it, go find your own ground.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 17:12

LSF Member
From Duluth
Made it out on fish by the dam a few times now,last week got a few nice crappies for a tasty treat. Today was the Dead Sea,but we did get to try out The new fatfish 6120i,,,nice and roomy,heated with the bb on medium. I'd like to think if you're mobile,luck is more consistent. I'm just happy to be out there. 16" good ice,not to much snow,people motoring pretty much everywhere,,,nice if you want to be off on your own,or hit the other hole "over there ". Get out anywhere if you can,,,have fun.

Posted on: 2017/1/15 16:35

LSF Member
I wish I could say that being portable was better. Tried every place I know of today and only caught a couple of crappies. A lot of my secret holes where I could go and catch a limit of fish in 15 minutes are gone. The amount of pressure is unreal. The last 2 years I've watched the huge schools of hills and crappies disappear. Especially by the islands. Increased depth maps of fish lake and the internet are ruining the lake. You'll be luck to find a big school of fish anymore. They use to be around every corner a couple years ago.

Posted on: 2017/1/15 22:14

LSF Member
From Duluth
Was out on a recon,looking for a fresh start,all hope isn't lost. Driving,drilling & jigging,,,sure bet to "Make my Day"

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0080.JPG (2,363.15 KB)
32461_587e083a73e74.jpg 3264X2448 px

jpg  IMG_0056.JPG (2,335.79 KB)
32461_587e0850e69e8.jpg 3264X2448 px

Posted on: 2017/1/17 7:04

LSF Member
From andover
Way to go Joe!! When I fished the lake in the late 60's we were pretty basic. Crawler harnesses and a spiner with a minnow or just bobber and minnow. Back then we caught crappies and walleye's mostly along with pike. There is nearly 3,000 acres of water there. Since the 60's when there was a low population of sunfish and no bass that I knew of things have changed.

Populations of bass and sunfish along with crappies have gone up. Especially with the sunfish and bass, they took a toll on the walleye fry. Bringing on the new walleye regs. Crappies have been there for decades and so has the fishing pressure. The famouse "crappie villiage" by high banks have been a feature as long as I can remember.

Sure there is fishing pressure on hard water. However how many years have we seen that it was hard to even get on the ice because of heavy snow and slush ect. Many. So it all evens out one way or another. All the lakes near Duluth get pressure and so do lakes around the state. Doesn't mean we as anglers get our "limits" all the time or any fish at times regardless of how good we think we are. Get out and have fun. take a kid with you when you can. We need to build a future of fishermen herre in the state. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/1/17 9:32

Die young as old as possible.

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page