Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Grouse on public land
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I'll do my own count while sitting in the deer stand and let you know whether numbers are up or down from last year

Posted on: 9/30 22:43:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From On the fish!
Was up yesterday mostly looking at land that's for sale and didn't hunt hard but did see a fair amount of birds and didn't have to work very hard for them only went for two walks the first produced nothing and my brother got one on the other all the other birds we saw driving slow and looking in to the woods on the way too and from home ended up getting three more doing that and saw ten or so total was trying really hard to get my daughter her first but she is still a little hesitant and was not setting any speed records getting her aim down lol if she wouldn't have been along we would have gotten a few more but I wouldn't change a thing it was a blast seeing her get so excited and now she is more determined then ever to get her first bird time to chit the range and aim with her this week and maybe get back up next weekend

Posted on: 10/1 10:25:49

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
I've been out 4 times from Moose Lake to Remer and I have got 1 bird and only seen a few more. Others hunters reporting the same. Any good reports? Looks the DNR was way off this year.

Posted on: 10/10 7:46:33

LSF Member
From St. Paul
I was in the Moose Lake area last weekend. Saw fewer birds than last year, even though we hunted more days. Lots of leaves still up on the trees. I'll hopefully be trying again before deer season opens, but it didn't seem like bird numbers were up significantly per the DNR report.

Posted on: 10/10 12:53:11

Pro Staff
From Fosston, Mn
Was between Marcell and Bigfork this weekend, and didn't even see a bird. Talked to other groups, sounds like it was that way for everyone.

Posted on: 10/10 12:54:22

LSF Member
From On the fish!
From Roosevelt to four town has been good for us

Posted on: 10/11 5:36:43

LSF Member
From Champlin/Mahtowa mn
Was just north of moose lake on Monday because of being off for fall break from college. I flushed 5 birds the whole day and I did not have a dog. Keep in mind too I was by myself. Got two of the five I flushed Like others said you have to hunt not just walk on open logging trails. Get dirty go in thick brush and low lying areas. If I wouldn't of left the logging trail I wouldn't of flushed anything. That being said having less leaves on the trees always helps a lot too. Good luck everyone

Posted on: 10/14 8:47:13

LSF Member
Grouse hunted public land up near Lake Vermillion last weekend. Saw around 20 over the three days, ended up with 4 in the bag. My gun ejector spring is messed up so i essentially had a single shot all weekend. Just glad to see some birds. 3 were gray and 1 was a nice Red Phase colored grouse...pretty cool.

Posted on: 10/16 11:26:40

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
I have been out 4 times and have 1 bird to show for my efforts. Probably the worst year I can remember. Hunted mostly Moose Lake area. DNR was sure off on their counts, not the first time........

Posted on: 10/16 13:32:28

LSF Member
Got out this a.m on public land superior national forest , saw 4 grouse from 8:00-noon , shot 3 and really should of had the 4th bird. It seems the birds are finding more of a need for gravel as of late .. what a gorgeous day it was for October 19th , at almost 70 degrees .

Posted on: 10/19 19:12:28

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page