Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Ice Depth - Extension?
LSF Member
How much ice is on Mille Lacs right now? Will I need an extension for an Ion?

Posted on: 2/8 10:52:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice Depth - Extension?
LSF Member
From South Metro
Put it on - especially if your in a wheelhouse. was up last weekend, wasn't buried to the handles, but better than humped over!

Posted on: 2/8 11:22:01

LSF Member
From Clara City
I was up last weekend also, I had my extension on my Ion and was surprised how close to the floor of my wheelhouse I was before I got thru. I had the house down on 2*6ís when I drilled my holes.

Posted on: 2/8 13:30:56

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
I was up last weekend and didn't have an extension with for my clam plate with 7" Mora. First spot on 2 mile I was able to get through with my house all the way down on the ice and had to drill with the handles resting on the floor, barely made it through. 2nd spot further north on 2 mile I must have been on a snow pack and couldn't finish the holes with the house all the way down. Had to chisel about the last 2". Needless to say, I have an extension on the way.

Posted on: 2/8 13:49:35
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From SOUTH ST PAUL
there is 18 inches under my shack right now. north end of lake

Posted on: 2/9 10:19:23

LSF Member
Variable ice thickness this season.I've heard almost 30 in spots on roads and as little as 11 under a fish house placed just before the new year.The few spots I've drilled beside under the permy is around 22to24 now. Just keep extension with at all times just in case.c63

Posted on: 2/9 10:53:15

LSF Member
Quote:

Cooper05 wrote:
I know an older Lazer has a little over 36 inch reach.Is the Ion shorter than that?34"?They look kind of short.(Only drilled two holes with the Ion so not too familiar with them).Still, haven't pulled the trigger on an Ion yet.Like the idea of no fumes in the house not thrilled to use for a whole day running and gunning.c63

Posted on: 2/9 10:59:37

LSF Member
From Clara City
Chris,

Without the extension itís actually 33 inches only, but the 12 inch extension came with it when I bought it, not sure if they still do that. The lack of fumes is great, and I also like that it turns slower so when using it in the wheelhouse it doesnt make a big mess with ice shavings flying all over. But you are right, not the perfect setup for the guy that wants to hole hop all day. I have an older Jiffy gas auger for when I am doing that.

Posted on: 2/9 12:43:06

LSF Member
My buddy says when out up north hard to keep ion battery warm.......below zero my be better with lazer too!c63

Posted on: 2/13 8:55:12

LSF Member
From South Metro
how is travel out to, on and around the flats? drive around drifts - no problem? im sure there are plenty of previous set-up locations to drive around, also...

Posted on: 2/13 9:21:42

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page