Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Electronics??
LSF Member
From Clear Lake
Can I run a Hummingbird and a Lowrance on the boat at the same time?
How far apart would the transducers need to be?
HDS and a Helix

Posted on: 2018/4/19 20:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Electronics??
LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
They've been known to interfere with one another, but I have seen people do it. I've been kicking around the idea of adding a bird next to my Garmin, but I would only be doing it for the lakemaster maps, so I wouldn't be putting anotherv transducer on. I would just be taking the head unit from my buddies helix 5 ice that doesnt get used in the summer and mounting it next to my current finder.

Can I ask what extra functionality you're looking for by having two different units? They're pretty easy to network together, so buyung two of the same brands is beneficial and they can both run off the same ducer.

Posted on: 2018/4/23 12:30

LSF Member
From Clear Lake
Id be adding SI DI and the use of Lakemaster charts with a Helix 10 Mega
Currently I have 2 Lowrance HDS 7 (think they are Gen 1) that run off of one transducer.

Posted on: 2018/4/23 15:09

LSF Member
From Saginaw, MN
Can't speak for the newer models, but I have run a Bird and Lowrance together. Had a lot of interference. This was an HDI 5 and Helix 5.

Posted on: 2018/4/23 19:03

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page