Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 »

Steelhead and Loopers
LSF Member
From andover
They are in the streams guy's. My brother caught two loopers a couple of days ago. I'm going the week after next. good luck.

Posted on: 2018/4/30 10:09

Die young as old as possible.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Steelhead and Loopers
LSF Member
Ill be giving it a try on Saturday, well see what happens.

Posted on: 2018/5/3 11:58

LSF Member
Quote:

Reinhard wrote:
They are in the streams guy's. My brother caught two loopers a couple of days ago. I'm going the week after next. good luck.

I seldom get there R! Its been years and years!

But I do so look forward to your Springtime North Shore threads!!

Thanks!!!

Posted on: 2018/5/3 12:22

LSF Member
Did you guys have any luck with the steelhead or loopers?

I have only been up there a few times mostly trying to fish the streams north of tettogouche and have had dismal luck. Any pointers or help would be appreciated

Posted on: 2018/6/7 12:47

LSF Member
From andover
We had good luck on the streams. Early in the season the lower river do well first then as times go on the upper rivers to better on the north shore. Right about now the spawn should be over and the trout will go back out to the big lake. You may still see some north of Grand Marias but it's getting late. There has been some of the best steelhead and looper fishing this season. Spawn bags and waxies were the bait again this year. My brother and me and our friends seem to be doing better with a small bit of white yarn tied on a hook along with two waxies did a good job. good luck.

Posted on: 2018/6/8 15:31

LSF Member
ill Be heading up again next week going to try tettogouchie..... hopefully something will bite.

Posted on: 2018/7/5 21:08

LSF Member
I will be heading up to Lutsen on Friday. I will have about a half a day to put into fishing. I was wondering if there has been any sort of fall run yet. or if they are still out in deep water. i am looking to fish from shore. i will be staying right at lutsen but does anyone have any information that they could give me as far as where to try to some loopers, steelhead, brown trout, or some salmon from shore.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am still after my first looper/steelhead.

I might just get back to basics and float a crawler if i have to.

thanks for any help in advance.

Posted on: 2018/9/16 8:27

LSF Member
From andover
There still is a small brown trout run in the fall. The French river hatchery normally gets under 10 large browns a year there. Best bet is the Baptism for that in my opinion. Plain crawler would do it. May get a lake run brook trout also which are spawning [coasters]. I believe you can only keep them over 16 inches and check for limits on them. Loopers are out in the lake. Years ago when the salmon run was strong we used to get some steelhead who would follow the salm on up the river to eat their eggs. I would stop by the Two Harbors breakwall and cast for salmon and lakers. Spoons work. good luck.

Posted on: 2018/9/16 9:34

LSF Member
what are the hook regulations off of the break wall at two harbors? single hook spoons or are treble hooks allowed?

Looks like there might be a front coming in next weekend so wondering if that will have any affect on the fishing?

Posted on: 2018/9/16 11:21

LSF Member
Pink salmon just started trickling in. I would bet next weekend will be real good. Small flies, green yarn fly or small spawn bag can work. They aren't real big, but fun. They aren't the greatest biters.

Posted on: 2018/9/16 12:49

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page