Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: wall
LSF Member
From Walker, MN
yuppers dad. we will see.

Posted on: 1/24 21:58:28

LSF Member
Funny how only one side is willing to compromise. "No No Nancy" wants nothing to do with meeting in the middle. Trump could suggest complete amnesty for all illegals and she would say "no" simply because of her deep distain for the President. The dems know that every set of sneakers that walks across the boarder is another vote for them. Unfortunately its not about the welfare of our great nation its about control. It's like the old saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely". That's par for the course for the left.

Posted on: 1/24 23:25:03

LSF Member
Quote:

Tron2010 wrote:
Funny how only one side is willing to compromise. "No No Nancy" wants nothing to do with meeting in the middle. Trump could suggest complete amnesty for all illegals and she would say "no" simply because of her deep distain for the President. The dems know that every set of sneakers that walks across the boarder is another vote for them. Unfortunately its not about the welfare of our great nation its about control. It's like the old saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely". That's par for the course for the left.

Tron2010 = this is the truth of the matter.

Posted on: 1/25 6:07:42

LSF Member
Well said Tron2010

Posted on: 1/25 9:43:30

LSF Member
From Savage, MN
So, not to throw a complete monkey wrench in the works here, but if it truly is the Democrats fault that we don't have a wall yet, then why o' why didn't Donnie and the rest of his Republican cronies get this passed in the first two years of his presidency when the Republicans had control, and the votes, in both the House and the Senate, to get anything done they wanted, including their precious wall?? Hmmmm??

And why in the world would you hold the federal government hostage over this?

I'm sure that people will jump all over this but, then again, it is National Have Fun at Work Day!

Posted on: 1/25 10:37:22

LSF Member
Quote:

MrB wrote:
So, not to throw a complete monkey wrench in the works here, but if it truly is the Democrats fault that we don't have a wall yet, then why o' why didn't Donnie and the rest of his Republican cronies get this passed in the first two years of his presidency when the Republicans had control, and the votes, in both the House and the Senate, to get anything done they wanted, including their precious wall?? Hmmmm??

And why in the world would you hold the federal government hostage over this?

I'm sure that people will jump all over this but, then again, it is National Have Fun at Work Day!

That is a very good question. They had 2 years of complete control, they could have gotten this through had they wanted to.

Its only a guess on my part but I wonder if there are enough Republicans that don't really want the wall. So instead of pushing it through while they had control and forcing them to vote YES for something they didn't want or force them to vote NO and lose more of their base they let the issue slide until the Dems had more power. That way they can paint the Dems as the obstructionists. That way the Republicans didn't have to be the ones to vote it down, they get to look good in front of their voting base that want the wall and make the Dems look like the bad guys at the same time.

What leads me to believe that this might be the case is because of Rep Hurd (R) stance on the issue. He's the only republican in the house to represent a district along the border. His district accounts for 820 miles of the border and he opposes the wall. He opposes the wall and if you can't get the 1 republican that represents a border area on board then I feel like there may be less support overall than Trump is leading you all to believe.

I've always seen the wall as nothing more than a voting tool to fire up a certain group of voters. It sure gets the Trump supporters riled up and there is nothing these voters like more than a simple solution. It doesn't even matter if the solution works, it just has to be easy for them to wrap their heads around and they'll support it.

If the wall isn't built now I think Trump would actually love that and may have planned it like that. He can use it to paint the Dems as the evil doers and he gets to keep the issue alive for the next election which I'm sure he hopes will allow his to keep his strong base of voters.

Posted on: 1/25 11:10:54

LSF Member
"That is a very good question. They had 2 years of complete control, they could have gotten this through had they wanted to. "

The more things change.........................

Isn't this what we said about Obamacare and the shutdown then?
(chuckle)

Posted on: 1/25 11:12:21

LSF Member
From Savage, MN
All good points nofish. Appreciate the level headed response.

Posted on: 1/25 11:17:37

LSF Member
From andover
Mr. B. Doesn't matter if there is a dem president or a republican president and they had both the House and the Senate. You still need 60 votes in the senate to pass measures like this. Same was said of Obama when he had 2 years and he had the house and the senate and never got a immigration plan done. You need 60 votes. So blame can come on both sides on this one.

good luck.

Posted on: 1/25 17:08:47

Die young as old as possible.

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page