Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

How does the Strike master 40v do at reopening holes
LSF Member
From Princeton
Wondering if any strikemaster 40v users with the lazer blade have been reopening holes with it and if it does a good job. A dealer told me the lazer blades struggle when reopening holes but are the fastest cutting blades when drilling new holes.

Posted on: 2/14 13:16:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: How does the Strike master 40v do at reopening holes
Staff Team
From Annandale
I've cut fresh holes with my buddies and it is silky smooth but I have not reopened holes. He has in his wheel house and it gets the job done but a chipper is always more efficient at reopening existing holes vs the lazer bit.

Posted on: 2/14 14:17:30

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
The 40 v turns slightly slower than the gas powered models, but it still uses the same twin shaver blade auger bit as the lazer mag & pro. The chipper bit with the a single blade is always gonna be better for reopening, but it you take your time you can reopen with the twin blade auger.
Quote:

Roddy wrote:
Wondering if any strikemaster 40v users with the lazer blade have been reopening holes with it and if it does a good job. A dealer told me the lazer blades struggle when reopening holes but are the fastest cutting blades when drilling new holes.

Posted on: 2/14 14:38:12

LSF Member
From Princeton
okay. I switched out the original blade with my chipper blad from my gas auger. First time I used it last weekend the auger quit about halfway down the first hole. I let it sit 10 seconds and it drilled through three more with no problem. Then on the 7th it quit again. let it rest and it finished the job. It took time and was a workout, but it did it. The battery gauge showed 3/4 after the 7 holes in about 21" of ice.

Posted on: 2/15 0:09:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page