Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Need some advice on new graph
LSF Member
From Princeton
It's looking like my lowrance LCX 27 is taking a dump on me. The mapping works but the graph is having a difficult time keeping contact with bottom and likes to show my depth as 1.4' over half the time.

I do not want to break the bank and am wondering what my best options are in the $600-$700 range to give me a similar screen size and options as my LCX 27?

I am noticing that most new units now have side and or DI. How nice are these features? I mostly fish walleye and most of my time is spent on MIlle Lacs

Posted on: 7/5 16:04:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Need some advice on new graph
LSF Member
If everything else works I would try a new transducer.I know I replaced one so did a friend of mine as our lowrance were doing similar things.I have di and never use it cant speak for side image

Posted on: 7/5 17:30:17

LSF Member
From Park Rapids
If you want to stick with what you know, I have a LCX 25c on the bow that rarely gets used. Johnny Ray mount, external antenna and trolling motor transducer.

Let me know if you are interested.

Posted on: 7/8 11:43:29

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
I run a HDS-7 on my own boat and like it. I bought the side scan and may just be me but I have not found it as useful as I thought I would.

On our Canada trip this year the boat had a Hook 7 on it. GPS and down imaging. For what I wanted it to do it was great. In fact we were anchored at one point and I was jigging under it just like ice fishing watching the fish come up and hit the jig.

In my opinion the lower end units probably meet the needs of the bulk of the regular fisherman.

Posted on: 7/8 15:11:19

LSF Member
Call Reeds in Walker. They have some demos on clearance.

Posted on: 7/8 19:14:38

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page