Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

1/09
Staff Team
From Annandale
Spent an hour and a half on the ice yesterday. Managed 6 crappies. Nothing touching minnows. They would come right in on the spoon and you'd have to pull it above their head and slowly rock it and they would charge it. Hoping for some good fishing under the moon tonight! Larvae were once again the ticket, no particular color was better than the other. Brought a three pack home and broiled them to go with my ribeye. Damn good eats

Attach file:

jpg  FIC26.jpg (201.01 KB)
15237_5e187f242d66a.jpg 960X1280 px

jpg  FIC27.jpg (183.42 KB)
15237_5e187f2e21a9a.jpg 960X1280 px

jpg  FIC28.jpg (204.19 KB)
15237_5e187f3792bf4.jpg 960X1280 px

jpg  FIC29.jpg (201.01 KB)
15237_5e187f442ba59.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 1/10 8:43:16

Re: 1/09
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I'm jealous of the amount of time you get to spend on the ice!

Posted on: 1/10 9:00:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
Great report and nice crappies, I need to get up there and share the ice tent with you my friend. It has been to long.......Kirk

Posted on: 1/10 9:59:20

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

Staff Team
From Annandale
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
I'm jealous of the amount of time you get to spend on the ice!

Believe it or not, I work two jobs. The first is a 6:00 - 2:30 gig on most days which allows me to hit the ice before prime time and the second is doing some custodial work at a local church which is come and go on my own time so long as the building remains clean. No wife/kids keeps the calendar pretty open for me to spend some time on the ice/water. The real motivating factor this year has been no snow on the ice and warmer weather which allows a person to pull gear with minimal effort and not freeze to death. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to getting the half ton out to get to some more remote areas. I don't care how easy the pull is, I'm not hiking out a mile.

Posted on: 1/10 10:06:31

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Yep the kid is my problem . I work 6am-2pm a lot of days and use to be able to get off and hit the ice by 3 which was perfect timing to find the fish and be set up before sunset. Doesn't work now with daycare pick up, feeding the kid and by the time he goes to bed it's too late to head out when i work in the morning.

Couple more years and if he likes ice fishing i'll be able to get off work and grab him after school and we can go fish for a couple hours maybe.

Posted on: 1/10 10:45:33

LSF Member
Kids really do cut into the fishing time. When we first had kids I thought it would get easier as they got older and fishing time would increase. When my daughter was getting closer to school age along came my son so now the clock was just reset.

Now that my oldest is in first grade I'm not seeing much more fishing time free up. School doesn't get out until 4 and then life gets busy with activities and school is tiring for younger kids so a night of ice fishing right after school would only result in an over tired kid which as any parent knows is a recipe for ruining whatever fun thing you're trying to do.

Right now I'm pretty much limited to weekends or days I take off or work. Sadly I'm down to maybe a handful of days on the ice per year. Makes it hard to get out there and get the kids on enough fish to hold their interest.

I suspect as the kids get older there will be a time when fishing time starts increasing. I just don't know at what age that might kick in. I figure it will be right around their teen years when they'd rather go hang out with their friends then sit in a shack with dad.

Posted on: 1/10 12:09:41

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Nofish way to put a dagger in my hopes and dreams!

I use to beg my dad to take me fishing any chance we got, hopefully it's genetic and my kid possesses the same gene

Obviously don't want to push him too much. These last couple trips have been basically just to get him out of the house because luckily he likes to be outside doing something rather than inside watching TV just like his mom and dad. Would like to keep that trend going. I don't push the fishing on him, when he wants to hold the pole and reel the jig up and down I let him. If he wants to go run around I go run around with him. THis time I learned from the last time because he wanted to pull my sled so I brought his little sled and put some light gear in it and let him pull it out and back along side me pulling the big sled. He really liked that and my sled was lighter to boot

Posted on: 1/13 11:31:37

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page