Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Ice Conditions-Excellent
LSF Member
On the south end... Ice conditions on LOW are excellent. Some great walleyes and saugers caught this week. Fishing was up and down with cold fronts, -31 air temps, etc. Plenty of fish for fish frys, some trophy walleyes, big sturgeon, some jumbo perch, an occasional pike, crappie or tulibee and plenty of sauger in the mix. Most anglers fishing 25 - 30' if on structure, 30' - 36' over mud. Resort houses continue to follow fish and are moving constantly. Best colors gold, pink, glow red and UV glow colors. Both jigging line and deadstick with a live minnow producing based on mood of walleyes. Electronics very helpful. Watch for suspended walleyes. Rattles and noise effective.

On the Rainy River... The river is frozen over with some snowmobile traffic on marked trail. Current has dropped some, but still strong. Extra caution is always needed on the river. Thin ice near International Bridge in Baudette and thinner ice on stretches of the river. Work through resort if ice fishing for safety.

Up at the NW Angle... Good fishing continues with a mix of walleyes, saugers, jumbo perch, pike and eelpout. Cold fronts can affect bite from day to day, adjust to mood of fish. Downsize if finicky, keep minnow active on deadstick. Snowmobile trails from south end to Angle groomed and in good shape. Stay on trails as there are ice chunks on lake. Fish houses on LOW on the ice through March. A complete list of lodging and ice fishing options available at www.LakeoftheWoodsMN.com/Lodging

Attach file:

jpg  SUNSET LODGE 1.6.20 GREAT WALLEYE.jpg (1,190.74 KB)
20634_5e1ccaf5c6bb4.jpg 2255X2412 px

jpg  Fish cleaning table of fish_Arnesen's Rocky Point_01.11.20.jpg (561.59 KB)
20634_5e1ccb07d0178.jpg 2048X1536 px

Posted on: 1/13 14:54:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice Conditions-Excellent
LSF Member
Nice!!

Who has Crappie houses on the lake?
I though that was all Canadian side?

Posted on: 1/14 16:20:40

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Some beautiful fish there. Thanks for the report.

Posted on: 1/14 17:08:20

LSF Member
From nw suburbs
lakeofthewoodsmn-- question for you as I have only went out of Adrians road before (once), which area of the lake on the south side is the safest to enter/go out with a 3/4 ton diesel with 8x16' house? Obviously, I will stay away from the river just not familiar with the resort roads up there and if one has less water movement thicker ice than the others.

Thank you

Posted on: 1/15 10:29:11

LSF Member
From Duluth
lakeofthewoodsmn.com,,,lots of info. I think this report/post is put out by the chamber of commerce or something like that.

Posted on: 1/15 11:45:50

LSF Member
From Duluth
F.Y.I. Talked with Long Point last night,,,one tons and all,good to go.

Posted on: 1/16 14:22:52

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page