Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

LAKE TROUT Lures
LSF Member
What lures/colors/weight does everyone prefer for pulling lakers up through the ice?

Posted on: 1/19 8:11:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: LAKE TROUT Lures
LSF Member
From mora mn
Ive only lake trout fished a few times but few guys I know do alot and they say use any color u want as long as it's white lol. Most lake trout lakes have a Sisco or smelt forage I believe so that's their big diet. Spoons ripped raps plastics like swim baits and very popular tubes. Weight depends on depths and currents to me.

Posted on: 1/19 9:24:34

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I've got a buddy who has a white sparkly squid tube jig that has out fished any and everything I've thrown at lakers when out with him. He always wins. To the point where I've had to let my pride take a hit and ask to use his tubes...

Don't be like me, buy the weird looking white sparkly squid tubes...

Posted on: 1/19 10:14:23

LSF Member

Posted on: 1/19 12:43:18

LSF Member
Same here. I've only started lake trout fishing this year. White is whar everyone recommended. Seriously, I went out a couple weekends and never even switched my lure - which was a salted white with glitter flakes tube jig. I caught the most out of my group and had the most attention. We threw done suckers on tips - laying on the bottom and suspended. It would bring the fish into look but didn't bite.

All in all, we did catch a few on chrome spoons as well. Nothing on the hair jigs.

White and Chrome!

Posted on: 9/30 19:18:11

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page