Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bait Rules Manitoba
LSF Member
I just want to give everybody who is headed to Lake Winnipeg that the Natural Resources have been instructed to enforce the Invasive Species Act concerning bait.

ALL bait and I mean all bait, salted, frozen or live MUST be dumped once you leave Lake Winnipeg. If you are staying out on the lake overnight you can keep it but if you are coming off the lake it must be dumped. It is a I believe a $672,00 fine. The Officers have been good about just giving a warning but this may not be forever.

Please do not shoot the Officers it was not them that put into law but told to enforce it. I can say guys are attempting to have this changed but as of today it is in effect.

Posted on: 2/3 12:40:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bait Rules Manitoba
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
That just doesn't make sense to me. I get live bait but salted minnows that don't ever come into contact with the water?

Posted on: 2/4 7:55:35

LSF Member
We all agree this is ridiculous and the Manitoba Wildlife Association has written to the Minister. I know there is pressure being put to end this crazy rule but as of TODAY it is in effect.

I just wanted everybody to be aware. I will keep you posted.

Posted on: 2/4 18:34:21

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Appreciate you keeping us all posted!

Posted on: 2/5 8:43:02

LSF Member
GREAT NEWS
"Commercially supplied dead bait that has NOT come into contact with water from any water body in an AIS Control Zone can be retained by anglers for future use. All live bait possessed in an AIS Control Zone MUST still be disposed in the trash before leaving the shore, as must any dead bait that has been handled (ie hooded) or come into contact with surface water from the lake."

Long and short, if you have live bait it CAN NOT come back onto shore. Dead bait can.

Looks like the government listened to our comments.

Posted on: 2/6 22:46:52

Field Staff
From Hutchinson
That's awesome!

Posted on: 2/8 22:44:28

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page