Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Panoptix
LSF Member
From mora mn
Picked up a panoptix few weeks ago. Any one have one and how you like it (if anyone left in here)

Posted on: 7/21 16:33:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Panoptix
LSF Member
From Plymouth
I know some people that have gone out with guides that used them and said it was mind blowing how helpful they were. Mainly used them to stay on schools of crappies. "Drill a hole 20 feet in that direction..."

Posted on: 7/22 10:15:32

LSF Member
I have it, it's pretty cool. Regulations are definitely going to need to be changed, especially for crappies. With one hole you can scan 1 acre of water and find a single crappie.... no joke. Very cool for ice fishing.

Posted on: 7/27 22:12:10

LSF Member
It's amazing! I love the VexilarFLX28, but like Aaron from Uncut Angling said, Panoptix is a "Game Changer!" It's definitely crazy on open waters and on the ice. It's must have when chasing lakers (Lake Trout).

Here's a couple stories to peak your interest: When a group of buddies and I went up to Burntside for Lakers, I could see my buddy 10ft to my right, my lure (center) and my tip up another 10 ft to my left. I could see where the trout was coming in. I called exactly where the fish was and who it was going to hit before the lure got hit. If you lake trout fish, you may know that this fish is super fast and comes and goes. It's a must to have otherwise any other sonar would not be able to catch the fish coming in.

On a LOTW trip, we rented three small weekend houses. My buddy with the Panoptix called each house as he seen the fish swimming in. "Third house, I see a fish coming - get ready." It's crazy... The Vex28 didn't mark nothing until a few minutes after my buddy calls it out.

Schooling fish (Crappies, White Bass, Etc.) It's not even fair. On the Boat or on the ice, you can literally see which direction the fish are swimming away. As the captain, all I say is "cast to the left, forward, or to the right." On the Ice it's a little different. I usually drill a perimeter and anytime I see fish coming in, I will run over with the Vex and hammer what I can at the moment,

Would I buy it again, Heck yes I would. Now the livescope compare to Panoptix. There's a significant difference as well as I seen a livescope compare to my panoptix next to each other. However, there is a great difference in price as well.

Posted on: 9/28 0:16:30

LSF Member
From Big Lake, MN
Is this Livescope? Or Panoptix?

Posted on: 9/30 10:59:51

LSF Member
Quote:

Beanne wrote:
Is this Livescope? Or Panoptix?

Both... Pantoptix Livescope.

The ice-fishing bundle from their site is in at around $1600.

Posted on: 9/30 18:25:18

LSF Member
My advice if you are interested is to wait until you can afford a 9" screen and Livescope. I built a Livescope package myself with a Summit shuttle and AMPed outdoors 18 ah LiPo battery for right around $2100. My problem is, I used the echomap 73... after a year of that, I am upgrading to a 93.

I also think this will lead to regulation changes... in crappies especially, but that's a whole different discussion.

Posted on: 10/1 8:34:55

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page