Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Icce Fishing Red lake
LSF Member
Just booked a trip with Johnny P on red lake. anyone use him before? Also, what is the average depth of water your fishing?
Thanks

Posted on: 11/9 11:37:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Icce Fishing Red lake
Staff Team
JOHNNY P. is a very knowledgeable fisherman and you will be on fish. Depth depends on ice conditions and time of year your fishing. Hope you have a great trip and let us know how your doing, we love live updates...........Kirk

Posted on: 11/9 20:24:16

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
Will do Kirk and thanks for the info! We will be on the ice January 3rd-7th.

Posted on: 11/10 7:15:29

LSF Member
I have not personally fished with Johnny P but from everything I hear you should be in very good hands and if he's not finding the fish then its likely no one is.

Like Kirk said depth will depend on lots of things. Keep in mind that on Red Lake deep has a much different meaning that it does on pretty much any other lake. I wouldn't really worry about depth, just do what Johnny tells you and you'll be fine.

This reminds me that I should probably start thinking about putting a trip together for this year.

Posted on: 11/10 15:33:12

LSF Member
Thanks for the info nofish!

Posted on: 11/10 16:17:11

LSF Member
From central mn
been a long time since I've fished upper red but I remember my "lake master" mapping data showed the 50k acres we non natives can fish has a max depth of 14' its like a big bowl.

Posted on: 11/11 12:09:00

LSF Member
Big bowl is about right. Very little in the way of structure to congregate fish in one area. If you find a single rock on the bottom you can call that a reef on Red Lake.

Biggest thing is simply to get away from the crowds and onto fresh ice. I believe thats what Johnny P excels at. I remember looking at booking with him in the past and it didn't work out but I remember seeing that he has the ability to get into areas others can't so he should have you away from the crowds which is critical.

Posted on: 11/11 12:17:44

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page