Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Electric Ice Auger opinions
LSF Member
Quote:

Tuck62 wrote:
I bought a Strikemaster 40v last year and have no issues. At the end of last season they were going for around $350 which is insane. Especially compared to what Ions go for.

You got a good deal Tuck!

Right now the SM 40V and the ION Gen 1 are both selling for 549.

Posted on: 11/20 10:13:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From West side
I used the K drill that belongs to a friend for one hole last year & was impressed. Previously used an Eskimo propane 8". Now have bought the K drill setup in 9.5". Added an extension on advice of another old guy that said without it I would not like the bending over. I will try to remember to report back after using it.

Posted on: 11/23 15:48:20

LSF Member
From Fergus Falls
Any Jiffy E6 guys? I have a newer style Model 30 w/ 10" drill. Just called Jiffy and they will sell an E6 demo powerhead for $350.99 with 1yr warranty. Seems like a cheaper way to get into an electric if you have the drill already?

So many guys with Strikemaster 40V's but curious what happens if you want to reopen holes with the lazer blades? I hear you can't sharpen them either...

Any Razr guys? Seems like the best deal out there and you can choose chipper blade drill. 7ah battery is best out there too. Why are they not so popular? I watched a vid that they claim they made Strikemaster for 15yrs before they took their MFG in house.

I'm sure Ion is nice but why pay extra? Almost $800 for an auger is INSANE!

Posted on: 11/24 13:40:03

LSF Member
From West side
One nice thing about the K drill is they offer free blade sharpening. Figure I will send them in at end of season & be ready for the next.

Posted on: 11/25 10:26:48

LSF Member
From central mn
i've used both,imo SM has more torq hands down,weight isn't a factor for me but the SM weighs more than my 1995 gas lazer mag at 23lbs,lazer mag 22lbs...

ion wilst drilling had to shop drilling once down 15"s or so to scoop ice shaving's out as ion started to bog down SM kept pluggin away.

Posted on: 11/27 15:01:17

LSF Member
No Black Friday deals on the SM 40V that I could see.
Dick's had a 25% off of you cart sale. SM was not on the excluded list, but would not apply the 25% off.

So now I wait for Cyber Monday I guess.

After reading the opinions here, and the reviews out there, I decided that the better unit for me is the Strikemaster 40V.

Keith

Posted on: 11/27 15:13:26

LSF Member
I was able to get Dicks to give 25% off on the strikemaster 24v. I had to pay $400 but they are going to refund me $100 on Monday when customer service calls me back. I have an email stating they will give me the 25% discount in the form of a refund.

Posted on: Yesterday 20:45:37

LSF Member
Quote:

gonehunting wrote:
I was able to get Dicks to give 25% off on the strikemaster 24v. I had to pay $400 but they are going to refund me $100 on Monday when customer service calls me back. I have an email stating they will give me the 25% discount in the form of a refund.

Nice!!

I filled out their customer service form about the 40V, and they never responded.

Of course with Black Friday I could have gotten lost in the mix.

Keith

Posted on: Today 15:03:23

LSF Member
From mora mn
Just purchased the 10" 40v myself on Friday. I was sceptical about them until few friends had them last year. Biggest thing I liked was by the time I got mine warmed up to start drilling they were done

Posted on: Today 15:49:59

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page