Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Panoptix ice bundle
LSF Member
Just picked up the panoptix ice bundle. Cabelas had $400 off plus a 10% off coupon. Pretty excited to check it out. What is your guys experience with them? Game changer or just another expensive gadget?
Thanks

Posted on: 11/20 9:46:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Panoptix ice bundle
LSF Member
From mora mn
I picked up one this summer for 800$ have yet to use it but am excited like you. Everything I hear is a game changer

Posted on: 11/22 9:11:26

LSF Member
Which ones are you guys referencing?

The 73cv Panoptix (around 1500 smackers)
or
The 93sv Panoptix Livescope (around 2800 clams)

As I understand it the difference is that the 73cv is a straight down shooter, and the 93sv has the down and forward shooter that will scan like an acre of water when turned on the gimble system.

Big bucks for either to someone like me that gets out only a few times !! Could Y'all wear a back patch so I can pay ya 20 bucks for a Scan!!! LOL!

Posted on: 11/22 10:16:48

LSF Member
Its the 73. Not the live scope. But it does have horizontal view. Out to 100 feet in any direction.

Posted on: 11/22 15:17:58

LSF Member
From mora mn
I have the 73cv ice bundle. Comes with regular transducer the ps22 ducer that does down downview and sideview that scans water out 100+ ft. And mapping with navionicks built in.

The live scope does same thing but more detailed basically

Posted on: 11/22 20:16:47

LSF Member
Sweet!!

Luck with that!!!

Posted on: 11/23 10:41:37

LSF Member
I got my hands on one late last season. I put it togeth ermyself instead of buying the bundle.

on a trip to southern MN we typically fish a new lake every year and the one we chose was one we did fish the year before but really struggled to find fish. We heard they were there and there were plenty of wheelhouses out but we just didn't put it together. we drilled over 300 holes in 1 day and the next just went to one of our more familiar lakes.

so this year we tried it again. with panoptix we drilled maybe 15 holes before we found fish and then it was on from there. very easy to cover more water,

a literal game changer.

we fish a ton of basin lakes that fish roam. this product has literally put more fish per hour of fishing on the ice than any other product we've ever bought.

Posted on: 11/23 13:48:01

LSF Member
Nice! Looking forward to similar results!

Posted on: 11/24 8:26:31

LSF Member
I have Livescope, this year I went from a Echomap Plus 73 to an Echomap UHD 93, so it will be nice to have a bigger screen. It is a game changer and it will lead to regulation changes, as fish can no longer hide. With one hole you can scan a full acre of water in just a few seconds, how many holes would that take with a traditional flasher? At least 100 lol. It is very, very, very impressive technology.

I can't wait to try perspective mode while tipup fishing, to be able to watch a bunch of minnows at once and watch fish swim up to them will be really cool and it will tell you which direction the fish are coming from. I'm hoping to make some videos and it seems the UHD units have a sonar record option now too.

Posted on: 11/24 11:53:39

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page