Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Packing list for sleeper house
LSF Member
From International Falls
Every year 5 guys and myself make a trip to Lake of the Woods for our guys weekend. And every year we bring way to much of one thing and forget about a dozen things we end up going into town after dark to get. So this year I'm trying to put together an organized list so we aren't over packing in some things but not forgetting anything. Just wondering if anyone has an example of this they would be willing to share so I have somewhat of an idea where to start. Plus I will probably forget things others would think of. Thanks in advance and good luck out there.

Posted on: 2020/12/22 23:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Packing list for sleeper house
LSF Member
We make it as easy on ourselves as possible. Every man is responsible for their own fishing gear, booze, sleeping bag, and clothing. Then we make a stop somewhere along the way to buy food as a group so we aren't buying a ton of extra or duplicates.

I can't say we've ever really run into an issue with forgetting significant amounts of stuff or having way too much of anything. Occasionally one guy, usually a newbie, over packs but they learn and make the adjustment on the next trip.

Posted on: 2020/12/23 1:43

LSF Member
From Elk River
I have a tote that I keep paper plates, plastic cups/silverware, paper towels, garbage bags, gallon ziplock bags (for fillets to bring home), salt, pepper, spatula/tongs, and a pan for cooking

Posted on: 2020/12/23 14:56

Staff Team
From Annandale
We like to set meals so everyone know what they are responsible to ensure that everyone carries their own weight with cost. If it's a group of 3 for a long weekend. One guy gets breakfast, lunch and dinner for one of the three days. This works well allowing you to prep in advance from home so you don't need to do much other than heat allowing for maximum fishing (and drinking) time.

Nothing better than good hot meals you can prepare at home and just heat in the house. Shredded turkey in gravy, shredded chicken in BBQ sauce or shredded beef in gravy for sandwiches, lasagna, stews, chili, preassembled hot sandwiches and burritos wrapped in foil for the oven, egg bake, breakfast burritos, omelette in a bag, any of your favorite casseroles, enchiladas, taco meat with fixings, mac and cheese with beef or Italian sausage, chicken alfredo pasta bake, etc... Bring some premix salads or premade rice/mashed potatoes for sides. I'm big into having everything done and ready to heat or reheat.

Everyone is responsible for all of their own normal items such as gear, electronics, toiletries, sleeping bag, pillow, snacks and beverages.

Designate one guy to bring cooking utensils, another to bring paper plates and plastic silverware, another guy with garbage bags and extra TP.

Of course, the easy option is have your girl's do this for you but then instead of having way too much of certain items and not enough of others.......you'd just have way too much of everything

Posted on: 2020/12/23 16:34

LSF Member
From cold spring mn
i'm annal about lists......i have a masters list for everything i do.

by now you should know what you have to much of and never have any of. make a master list, dont throw it ever away, just recopy it.

the posts above pretty much covered everything i do!!!!! sit down with the group, plan and have each guy write there stuff down!!!

Posted on: 2020/12/23 16:56

LSF Member
From International Falls
Thanks for the input people! Hardest part is we all live hours apart. 1 guy is coming from North Carolina. So getting together is tough. We have been trying to group text but that just gets confusing. Another guy and I talked on the phone today and came up with a list using your input and think we got it pretty squared away. Thanks again!

Posted on: 2020/12/23 18:46

LSF Member
the thing that I always seem to forget , ism coffee filters, as many of the cabins that we rent have a coffee pot but newer filters

Posted on: 2020/12/28 10:27

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Do a zoom, or google hang out meeting. Then everyone can be there. Share lists etc.

Posted on: 2020/12/28 14:42

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page