Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

MN Lake Trout
LSF Member
Any good lakes for lake trout in the arrowhead region of Minnesota?? (Ely,mn area)

Posted on: 1/23 17:15:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: MN Lake Trout
LSF Member
Worked with a guy that was a diehard Laker fisherman.
He fished Snowbank a 4,400-acre lake located approximately 20 miles east of Ely.

Use the DNR data, and check it out.
I have no personal experience of it.

Keith

Posted on: 1/24 10:06:13

LSF Member
there is also Burnside right near Ely.

Posted on: 1/24 17:07:37

LSF Member
From outta here
Burntside for the win! Largest Laker ever stateside through the ice. Big white plastics will be your friend.

Posted on: 1/24 18:56:13

LSF Member
From central mn
hike out on lake superior,not to far out from the spilt rock light house you'll find 150fow,lakers steelhead and atlantic salmon can be caught here,need to spool up some super braid to get a good hook set as most fish come thru suspended 80+ft,mono no good.

Also a couple dandies in the bwca,worth checking out Loon lake up the gunflint trail,mom n pop resort on the south end can give you a report,also gunflint lake is known for dandy lakers and big walleyes,Saganga in another at the end of the trail.

couple thoughts.

Posted on: 1/26 10:38:13

LSF Member
Burntside is legit! I make a trip every year. You may not get size, but you'll get numbers. Size will eventually come.

Posted on: 1/29 0:20:45

LSF Member
From East Metro
Does anyone know any place who rent ice house at Burntside Lake or a resort who rent ice house day and cabin at night

I use to know a guy who does ice castle rental at burnstide but he doesn't do anymore.

any help and thank you in advance.

Posted on: 1/29 13:53:47

work on one thing at a time, you end up with a better result....

LSF Member
I've always wondered how big the largest inland lake (not from Great Lakes) trout was from Minnesota. How big was the one caught in Burntside that you were referring to?

Posted on: 2/1 16:28:59

LSF Member
From So. St. Paul
My brother goes up to Snowbank every year with some people he works with who have cabins on the lake. They use the access at “Smittys on Snowbank” a resort there usually driving out to the boundary water line and then hiking in to their spot. About 5-6 years ago he got an 8 lb. on the first day, an awesome fish.But this trip was going to be spectacular. Went out the next day and got a monster right around 20 lbs++. or so. Spent a lot of time getting that hog out of the hole up and on the ice. It’s on the wall now.

Posted on: 2/1 19:49:09

LSF Member
From central mn
Wow polack,that's a dandy forsure,paddled thru/fished snow bank years ago trolling little cloe's caught plenty of 3-5lb lakers.

after this thread started I looked up Loon lake on the gunflint trail the resort/lodge offers winter fishing and lodging at resonable rates the same on gunflint lake,two lodges open all yearmpics of some good sized lake trout.

Posted on: 2/2 9:17:48

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page