Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 20 »

Re: Wright County Roll Call
LSF Member
C'mon Thunder, You and I both know that real racecars don't have doors!!

Posted on: 2006/11/30 17:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Wright County Role Call
LSF Member
From Wright County
I live in Wright county, My wife and I love to fish, we have been looking at lakes closer to home these days. We used to spend a lot of time up on Cass Lake, excellent lake for just about everything. long drive though from where we live.
We have started looking at the Cokato area.
I have seen comments on a few lakes in the cokato area on this site.
What can anyone tell me about Cokato lake during hard water?

Posted on: 2006/11/30 20:24

LSF Member
From Walker, MN
davod,

Welcome to LSF, lots of good Lakes out by Cokato, Summer you can fish smallies, look at the DNR website and Lakefinder it will give you lots of info, also thunder knows that area Im sure he will add something. Good Luck

Bob Auel

Posted on: 2006/11/30 21:23

LSF Member
From Wright County
Thanks fishnutbob,

This is a good forum it only took minutes to get a response.

I have checked out the DNR's website, I noticed the data for Cokato lake was old, 1998 if I remember right.

A buddy and I spent a couple hours doing a quick exploration by boat last weekend.

We were icebreaking thin ice through the center, I figure we were probably close to the last to fish by boat this year.

We had a couple young fisherman with us that were having a blast. I have to admit we were having a good time too.

We marked fish in the deep water but did not get any bites.

I didn't have the sinkers I needed to get to the bottom, Looks like a trip to cabella's is in order...
I borrowed a sinker from one of the boy's.

This was my first time on Cokato lake, I am wondering what people who have fished this lake can let me know.

Posted on: 2006/11/30 21:47

LSF Member
From Wright County
Cokato can be very good. Plenty of structure to fish and some deep flats.

Smallies in the summer are fun. Crappies and walleyes on the Hardwater!!
Also has some nice Slimers. .

Other good lakes in the Cokato area are
Collinwood
Washington
Brooks
Stella
Big Swan

Let me know when you want to go out. I also have some younger fisherman that like to come with

Almost forgot WELCOME TO LSF Davod!!!

Posted on: 2006/11/30 22:14

Anonymous
Has anyone ever iced fished collinwood? We use to do pretty good on crappies when we camped at the county park on the lake but havn't fished it in 5-6 years.

Posted on: 2006/11/30 22:15

LSF Member
From Wright County
Tk I get out there quite frequently. More for eyes than crappies but there is some nice panfish in the lake. I found a couple new spots this fall that I may have to revisit as they were pretty productive

Posted on: 2006/11/30 22:26

LSF Member
From Wright County
THANKS FOR PUTTIN ME ON YOUR LIST- I SEE HOW YOU ARE
GOOD FEELINGS ABOUT THE NORTHERN WRIGHT COUNTY LAKES THIS YEAR
CEDAR SUGAR CLEARWATER MAPLE
THANK GOD THEY ARE ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORK

Posted on: 2006/12/7 17:44

From Sioux Falls, SD
I guess I would be another "Wright County" member. I am located in Monticello (moved here about 2 years ago)

Spent entire last year over in the Chisago area or Hutchinson area on mostly panfish. My goal is to explore and learn more of the lakes around Wright County....Less driving time...more fishing time to hone my skills (I picked this sport up a few years ago when I met my wife)

Look forward to some of the lake reports....what may or may not be working and what lakes are just a plain zoo. (I tried Buffalo a few times...nothing but crowds...but then again, I was out by the courthouse)

Steve

Posted on: 2006/12/7 18:35

LSF Member
From Wright County
Western minnesota has many good lakes, I used to go to either Alex or north around the Brainerd area. I am also looking closer to home these days.
What is it about us that makes us think we need to head north or a long way away. One day I was up north and I saw two guys come out of their cabins, one was on the north side of the lake, the other was basically opposite the first guy on the south side of the lake. They both went down to their docks got in their boats and cruised to the other side of the lake. Basically, they exchanged places, going as far as they could from where they started. I watched both of them catch fish, after that I thought to myself, how many times have I done exactly what those guys did and travel far away, when all I had to do is drift off a short distance to catch fish.

Posted on: 2006/12/7 20:00

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 20 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page