Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 14 »

Lake Superior
LSF Member
From Duluth
The Lady has skim ice on her. While the shipping season is coming to a close, the cold weather could produce ice like crazy. I haven't been out of Duluth to check on ice conditions so I'm not sure about ice further up the shore. If the wind stays down, this upcoming cold snap may allow ice fishermen to get another shot this year on the Gitch. Keep your fingers crossed.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 22:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lake Superior
Pro Staff
From Duluth
I am always praying for calm and cold this time of year Parp. The only problem with good ice out there, it usually brings something Big and Nasty with it. Fingers crossed!

Posted on: 2008/1/15 22:35

LSF Member
From Eveleth, Mn.
If it freezes over again like it did last year. I will be down. Joe when there gets an inch of ice lets hit the 100 foot depth.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 22:50

LSF Member
From Duluth
Ranger- I may need more than an inch but....I wouldn't put it past me to trek out on 2-3 inches. The Coast Guard has a great deal these days....only $2000 for a floating ice berg rescue. Lets drag a boat if we go!!

Posted on: 2008/1/15 22:55

LSF Member
From Hermantown, MN
I have to admit, looking at it today if the wind stays down will be window fishing after the weekend. I love window fishing. If we are really lucky we may be able to get to the 290 ft. deep mark.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 22:58

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
You guys let me know when she is ready, thats something I have always wanted to do. I may need some help though as I have never done this! So if you dont mind a rookie tagging along, I am game!

Posted on: 2008/1/15 23:01
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From Backus, MN
Quote:

Skinny wrote:
The only problem with good ice out there, it usually brings something Big and Nasty with it.

Your darn right it brings something Big and Nasty with it! When the big lake freezes that is better than Christmas! I drop everything to make it over for that! It's not that we always catch a ton a fish, but it sure is fun trying! Fingers crossed here also!

Posted on: 2008/1/15 23:37
www.conquestscents.com

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes, MN
You guys are killing me here with this post! I really wish I could swing up and fish the big lake for some trout and loopers.

Looking forward to some reports guys as I know for sure that I won't be making it up there this year.

Posted on: 2008/1/16 5:42

Pro Staff
From Duluth
Are you sure you can't make it Loren? I know Nasty wouldn't mind if you snuggled up with him in the guest room. And Travis, We'll let you know when she's ready. We'll get you out there.

Posted on: 2008/1/16 9:27

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes, MN
You know Skinny that's a tough offer to refuse If I could swing a day I'd try but there's a few things out of my control right now that are holding me back.

Posted on: 2008/1/16 9:46

(1) 2 3 4 ... 14 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page