Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Saganaga Lake report 7-3 to 7-6
LSF Member
I just got back from up at Sag. today and it was some great fishing... we started out for some smallies the first morning and got maybe 20 nice smallies around shore werever there was a dropoff from 2-3 fow down to 10-12 fow and was catching them off #3 and #4 mepps spinners with a black tail and silver spoon. Well we was fishing for smallies we got a few nice northerns in the 5 pound range on the same mepps lures. That night we decided to try for a few eyes so I went out to a reef and we pulled in 6 eater sized eyes in 12-14 fow on a jig with a leach. The next day we got up early and tryed a spot the the owner of the resort we stayed at told me about... It is a sand bar in the river just arter you get past the rapids. The sand bar is in 10-12 fow and there we pulled in 4 more eater sized eyes off a jig and leach. The rest of the day we fished for smallies along the shoreline with ok luck... maybe 7 to 10 smallies and a few more northern. That night we went to a reef just east of voyageurs island and south of blue berry island and pulled in 4 more eater sized eyes in 15 fow off lindy rigs with a leach. The next day I only had a few hour to fish before I had to pack up and head home so I headed down to gull lake and managed 2 small smallies and 1 small northern all in little bays casting right up to shore. All in all it was a good trip with some nice fish but nothing to big. It was my first time to Sag. and I think it's a good lake and will be back up there as soon as posible.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 14:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Saganaga Lake report 7-3 to 7-6
LSF Member
From Duluth
sounds like a nice time. what resort did you stay at?
My son and I are going up in Sept for the fall fishing.
we probably will stay at the camp ground.

Posted on: 2008/7/27 19:54

LSF Member
I was at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters and would recommend it to anyone but I think I will stay at the campground next time to... Just like camping in the tent better then staying in a cabin.

Posted on: 2008/7/27 23:11

LSF Member
From Duluth
I talked ot Paul (the head ranger at gooseberry falls )
He said that getting out the river from the camp ground is tough because of not knowing where the boulders are. Has any one tried it. grandpa Jack

Posted on: 2008/7/28 21:11

LSF Member
I went thru the river many times and had no problem at all... The rocks are just below the water but you can see the ripples where they are plus after my first few times thru I knew about were to go.

Posted on: 2008/7/28 22:01

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page