Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: ice fishing ethics
LSF Member
i cant beleive after all the things he said, touringfisherman wants to save the pout.

Posted on: 2009/1/23 9:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

So over the last couple of weeks I have gone to an undisclosed place on the southern half of bemidji and not having much luck. Until a fisherman with a portable and a 1/2 ton chevy came out to my area was there during the later part of the day for aproximatly 1 hour packed up and left.
Cant help it. Curiosity got the best of me so I made my way over to his holes and found out something to me surprise!!! There is some crappies on Bemidji. Not wanting to take his spot I went back the next day to my location to see if he would return. Shortly after the time that he had arrived that prior day I made my way over. And once again did well.
So the reason for this writing is I wanted to apologize for my actions to the many fisherman that have had this happen to them were someone comes in and takes there spot over. I do not own any rentals Im just an average weekend warrior who like to ice fish like everyone else, but doesn't like to go home empty handed. I would also like to thank the fisherman with the 1/2 ton chevy that showed me what I was missing out on. And I will not be fishing it everyday killing off what is left.
Also to throw a local hint out there Ive caught fish like this on Midge. I wont say where they are out there. But they are out there.

Attach file:

jpg  darren.jpg (4.66 KB)
8304_497cbe0d10ead.jpg 130X97 px

Posted on: 2009/1/25 14:32

LSF Member
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Are those the fish from Bemidji or Midge. I was trying to figure out where to go tomorrow. How do you get on midge? Is there plowed roads out there?

PS The pout are worth saving. So if you are not eating them, throw them back for someone else to catch.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 15:46

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
I'm sure the 1/2 ton Chevy really appreciates you putting your information about what he found on the internet. Classy...

Who's not keeping 'pout? Someone tossing them on the ice? I must've missed something... Wanton waste is a crime....

Posted on: 2009/1/25 16:06

LSF Member
From Circle Pines
I have been on lakes MANY times where as soon as someone sees me catch anything the boats or people start inching closer and closer. I usually stay away from crowds and try not to draw attention to myself. Since I don't own the lake there is not much I can do about this. People have done this for years and will continue to do it as long as we live. It sucks, sure. I'm sure most people on here on their first visit to a lake make a mental note as to where people are fishing and tried it at a later date. Ever been on Mille Lacs and watch the boats flock to the launches like flies on s***.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 17:38

LSF Member
Look what I caught fishing by the green chev.

How come I can not down load pictures? I had a picture of crappies all between 14.5 to 13 inches.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 13:10

LSF Member
From St. Paul/Bemidji
the worst thing is having a fish on the line as someone drives up and starts talking to you. you gotta play them really light to keep it on the dl. a good tip is to pretend your peeing when really reeling in a fish cuz they usually don't stop and talk to you if you are draining the main vein. haha

Posted on: 2009/2/6 14:19

Supporting Member
From Bemidji
I'll keep this in mind if I see you on the lake Husky.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 14:21

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page