Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: ice fishing ethics
LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
hey Foley, Vexilar pointed out the guy who drove next to your house last week while we were fishing! This time he was 200yds away though

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Prior Lake
It can happen all to quickly. Last year there was a group of 6 of us in three portables moving around a lake in central WI. We found a good spot to set-up and had good fishing for the rest of the day. We had no plans on going out the next day, but if we had, we would've been greeted by about 15 different people that were out there. IMO, take the money you get off the sale of your perm, and buy a couple of portables and mix it up. Take them off your game! OR set-up in a dead spot.....

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:17

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
another thing that ruins lakes is when newspapers report small lakes in a fishing report...

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:24

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
He's fishing out of a portable sirsings, and I think it's too late for the "dead spot" trick. He's already been taken over.

Speaking of snowmobilers JM and Foley, there's a guy on Lake Bemidji who drives around marking spots, I know it for a fact. I was out pre-fishing on my rental one night and one of my guides had my truck and was out in a portable somewhere else. I heard a sled pull up, idle, and then I heard "beep...beep". I swung the door open just as he was taking off...

John, that doesn't happen does it?

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:25

LSF Member
From Prior Lake
Sorry NorthCountry, I should've stated that he needs to get another portble. I realized that he was in one at the time. Suggesting he gets another to throw this guy off a little.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:29

LSF Member
From Mound, MN
I think it happens to those of us who don't know what we're doing, too! I am by no means a good fisherman and the "hot spots" I frequent around the metro can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

That being said, this past weekend, I went out to a metro lake and set-up in the biggest open area of the fishing "village". When I set-up, the closest other fishermen & women were at least 50 yards away. However, within a half hour of setting-up, I had two gigantic Ford Diesels pulling 20 foot wheel houses come and set down 20 feet of me. Then some portables showed-up also within 20 feet. The fish weren't biting eventhough they were on the Vex and I saw crappies on the camera. So, after an hour of the BS of space encroachers, I packed-up and left.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:30

LSF Member
From Foley, Mn Bemidji, Mn
Dang JMN, maybe I ticked him off I don't know? Vex was with and he was more upset than I was cuz I was paying attention to fishing or probably swearing cuz I missed a fish or that I brought to much fishing equipment again as usual. So when it happened I was saying to myself "WOW that guy got close!" or something to that affect. Oh well its over...you find a job yet up there?

Your kidding NorthC!! Wow thats pretty sad if someone is doing that on Bemidji. I can hear the local DNR boys chatting, "slot limits, slot limits" for Bemidji already.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:44

LSF Member
From Anoka
I'm not saying its right, but it seems just like watching film of another team before you play them. See what there doing and how they are doing it. Heck, the few times I get out I just go out to an open area in the "village" and hope they are set up there for a reason. I do not have a vex or anthing so I just set up in one spot and hope to catch a few fish, if not I have fun just being on the ice. It's only a spot on the ice, nothing to get to worked up over, but I understand where you are coming from.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:53

LSF Member
From Bemidji
Hey guys Im a first timer on this forum. Is it ok to name names on here. Maybe if he or his clients are reading this he will start to feel the presure an think twice about messing with LSF members.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 13:54

LSF Member
From Eagan, MN
For as long as there has been fishing and for as long as there will be fishing this will be a constant problem. To be honest when I go ice fishing I walk around the portables to see who has been cathing fish just to get an idea on location; however, I would never set up right on top of someones spot if I knew the person, but I have looked aaround and fished in spots that have had holes recenty drilled.

Every time I am on open water out on a boat and start catching fish people start moving closer to try to get in on the action.

While I was in Kansas I used to fish Milford Lake and had a great Walleye spot that I found on accident, eventually people would recognize me and start following me around the lake.

Nobody wants to get skunked. Is it right for people to crowd you out of your spots? probably not but as long as you are on a public lake there really isnt much you can do about it.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 14:08

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page