Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Opener report...
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
I am a guide, it's in my signature.

I said in the report that fishing was tough at times, and never tried to bait anyone into something they couldn't accomplish themselves. I said we caught 25 fish on opener for 4 guys, it's the truth, we've got pictures. We also spoke to a lot of other anglers who filled out MUCH faster than we did!

Nearly all of your posts are about berrating people and are full of negativity. Mellow....

Posted on: 2009/5/21 10:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Northcountry knows his stuff and tells people how it is from his point of view and I'm sure he's in contact with many others who are out fishing as well. He's giving good information here for people to apply on their outings.

I'm sure if people are struggling right now Matt would be happy to give them some pointers. Not coords or anything like that, but just ask some questions and you'll find he's got the knowlege and experience to increase people's chances at boating more fish.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 11:07

LSF Member
From Bemidji/Cass Lake
It was tough for those that dont study fish movements. Lots of traditional opener spots were not good, or as good as normal anyhow. Walleye fishing is generally not hard on opener in my opinion, but I agree that it was tougher than a normal year but fish were still caught.
On a side note, a guide is SUPPOSED to have better success than other anglers, aka the point of being a guide. They're supposed to spend a lot of time on the water and know what's going on. It's not bs, it's a combination of studying and experience.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 11:16

LSF Member
From Saint Francis
Quote:

masterlier wrote:
You guys must be guilds or bait salesmen or something because most who got out on opening weekend know it was tough and you had to really work to scratch out a few so quit trying to fill your books and tell it like it really is. Fishing on the areas traditional walleye lakes is tough and will continue to be tough until we get more consistent weather. Yes, I have pictures like that too but it doesnt mean it wasnt tough.

Sounds like someone that went out on opener, anchored off a traditional hump, and waited for the bobber to go down.... without much luck...

Matt is a guide. And as a guide, Matt knows that the fish are always biting somewhere and on something. The ability to adapt to the conditions and bite is exactly what separates the men from the boys. Yes, bites can be tough... but using that as an excuse to give up... that isn't how professional anglers work.

Kudo's to you, Matt! Sticking it out for a successful excursion!

Posted on: 2009/5/21 13:17

LSF Member
OMG The smoke is thick in here. I am an accomplished fishermen and did catch my fish but for you guys to suggest that fishing is average or above is ludacris. The average weekend warrior will not be able to go out and put fish in the boat until the weather patterns straighten out and know that. If you think I am full of it look at the Eagles tournament results. I'm not trying to be negative just truthful.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 13:29

LSF Member
From Saint Francis
Quote:

masterlier wrote:
.... but for you guys to suggest that fishing is average or above is ludacris.

Quote:

Northcountry wrote:
Not a ton of fish seen, or caught. We did manage some, but it wasn't fast and furious.

Quote:

Northcountry wrote:
We had spurts of fast action, some lulls, but mostly just good old consistent action on this day.

Quote:

Northcountry wrote:
Fishing is great in the area, call or e-mail for bookings. We still have dates available!

I don't see anything misleading in the comments provided...

Posted on: 2009/5/21 13:47

LSF Member
From Backus, MN
All Matt can do is report what HIS boat catches, if that's not the norm, then so be it, but don't bash him for reporting what he found. By the way Matt and his crew at NorthCountry Guide service are no weekend warriors, your right. They put in the time and effort to find and stay on top of fish! So just because your experience and his don't match up, there is no need to cry BS...maybe he just has more spots on more lakes than you do, as he should, since he makes his living fishing!

Posted on: 2009/5/21 15:04
www.conquestscents.com

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Quote:

masterlier wrote:
OMG The smoke is thick in here. I am an accomplished fishermen and did catch my fish but for you guys to suggest that fishing is average or above is ludacris. The average weekend warrior will not be able to go out and put fish in the boat until the weather patterns straighten out and know that. If you think I am full of it look at the Eagles tournament results. I'm not trying to be negative just truthful.

Therein lies the problem... Lake Bemidji stinks right now! Evenso, the Eagles tourney doesn't represent how fishing is, as it was so windy that people were bilging all day long. I was out there on Sunday and we were catching fish in 22-26' of water. I didn't see a single boat fishing anything deeper than 15'. My boat has a trailer under it, and I've found fishing to be better if I use it and fish a lake 5-15 miles from town.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 16:28

LSF Member
You guys have got your heads so far up each others butts you cant think for yourselves. It doesnt pay to argue with you guys. Matt im a lot closer to you then you know. I know what and where its going on so dont try to bull crap me.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 17:42

LSF Member
From Bemidji/Cass Lake
Ya I dont even know how you can use the Eagles tourney as any kind of reference, that was a nasty day. I dont know, I dont guide and I'm catching fish along with various people in "my clique". Both walleye and crappie are biting. I dont think its been that bad, must be fishing different lakes than you. I went to Red one day for a treat but other than that I've been able to root out some fish around the area.

Personally I think it's been about average for my boat so far, with better fishing yet to come.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 18:41

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page