Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Trout and salmon from the shore? a pier? a river?
LSF Member
From NW of town.
Is there anything swimming and maybe biting within a cast from a shoreline? Is there always a shot at a looper, just better and worse times? Is it to late for a hope trip? Go out and hope ya get a bite?

Posted on: 2006/10/18 0:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Trout and salmon from the shore? a pier? a river?
LSF Member
The Lester river, French river, Knife river, and Sucker rivers are between Duluth and Two harbors and fishing the mouths of these rivers can give up a looper or salmon. The breakwater in Two Harbors might give up a looper or salmon if the rivers are not running real well. And there are is the Baptism river to the north of Siver Bay that can get a good run of kings, or used to.

The fishing is out there and so are the fish.Being on shore makes it a hit or miss proposition much of the time, but still it is worth the effort.

Posted on: 2006/10/18 5:43

LSF Member
If the winds finally die down? the pier in Duluth might be worth a try in the erly morning or late afternoon.
If anyone is coming from out of town to fish?
I would check current wind and weather conditions as they change by the hour up here.

Currently 31F winds out of the N NW at 12-14 mph.
I dont know about any of the piers today but the North Shore though windy may be fishable in spots.

Posted on: 2006/10/18 8:51

LSF Member
From NW of town.
I think a friend and I are going to give it a go on the 26th of Oct. A day of exploring if nothing else. Who knows. Start south and work North I pupose. Marine Gen. opens at 9, never been there before. Seems I've heard they're pretty good with advise and looper bugs. Maybe we'll fish the pier in Duluth go get the scoop and explore from there. Are spoons the way to go from the pier? live bait? What about 2 rods from the areas away from the rivers?
I know too many questions. Any advise is greatly appreciated thanks.
Jim

Posted on: 2006/10/18 13:28

LSF Member
From St.Louis River
I would toss spoons at Lester, Brighton Beach, any area between Brighton and the French that you can get to shore and toss a spoon and of course the French and stoney point. Cleos and crocks is all I toss and the Crocks seem to be catching more fish lately. Gold/orange has been hot.
At the French dont be afraid to toss out a bottom rig with a crawler or floating spawn sack.
Brighton Beach has still been the most consistant for me.

Posted on: 2006/10/18 22:53

LSF Member
From NW of town.
Thanks Northlander. We'll give it a try.
Thanks,
Jim

Posted on: 2006/10/19 20:54

LSF Member
From Duluth, Minnesota
I spent about three hours down at the French Yesterday (Monday). It was just myself and one other guy down there and there was not a thing going on from shore.

We did see one guy land something in a small boat out in front of us and let it go. I'm guessing it was a Steelhead.

It can only get better and it makes for something interesting to do until Deer season gets here.
Take care,
Tom (BD110)

Posted on: 2006/10/24 16:51

LSF Member
From NW of town.
Thanks for all the information you guys. Looks like I'll be heading up Thurs. Biting or not. Maybe we'll bring shot guns too. look for a grouse on the way home if nothings going by 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Who knows maybe just beer or two and a little exploring. No work thouogh. A one day vacation.

Posted on: 2006/10/24 23:55

LSF Member
From Hermantown, MN
Marine General , great place to start . The guys will help in all ways. Ask for Russ he owns the place and is allmost allways there.

Posted on: 2006/10/27 7:51

LSF Member
From NW of town.
Didn't make it today, Wish I had. Maybe soon. The Big lake always has open water. Keep posti'ng. I'll keep try'n.

Posted on: 2006/10/28 2:41

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page