Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

fish camera
LSF Member
From Richmond/Blackduck Mn
Any one have problems with Cabela's cameras. I have one 2yrs. old used at the most a dozen times. There's water in the lens. I contacted Cabela's, there are no replacement parts. They also told me everything everything wears out some thing faster than others and that everything has a useful lifespan. I'm sorry but this sounds like a bunch of crap and just a run around I will be careful buying Cabela named products.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 13:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: fish camera
LSF Member
You have one of the camera's that has the silver weight under the camera lens? That was a typical problem with that style. Only advice I can give is to let it dry out and try to seal it with a small bead of high quality caulk. It seems you have no warranty anymore so as long as you keep the lens free and clear it should work.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 20:31

LSF Member
From Somerset, WI
Thats interesting. I have one and have never experienced that problem.
Mine is for sale.......

Posted on: 2010/2/15 21:46

LSF Member
I researched underwater cameras quite a bit before I bought mine and I found a lot of people had that problem. Aqua Vu, Cabelas, the ones Menards sold and so on. I bought a camera with a similar style and I was prepared to seal the lens but I haven't had a problem with it yet.

Just like anything that is mass produced by the cheapest help possible, flaws will always occur. I have a portable house that I bought 2 weeks ago and I have to return because the stitching is coming apart around the bottom and two pieces of velcro that hold it the the poles had came free from the canvas. It's only been used 3 times now. I don't blame the retailer or the company that made it. I just got a bad shell.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 22:50

LSF Member
From Saint Michael
The first one I bought at Cabela's did the same thing. Took it back and they gave me a new one. Haven't had any problems since. That was 2 years ago. This season everything is still working good. They are a great tool and I use mine every time out. Just wish you could use them in low light conditions.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 22:52

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page