Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

English River- Grassy Narrows
LSF Member
From Iowa
I heard that the marina [run by Rodney] and Grassy Narrows Lodge has closed on the English River, is this true? If so is there any access on this part of the river?

Posted on: 2010/6/15 21:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: English River- Grassy Narrows
Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
The marina is open and being run by Lillian Swain. Rodney is a weekender by the sounds of it. I believe both Grassy Lodge and Ball Lake Lodge are operating, how well is another question. They are hard to get in contact with.

Posted on: 2010/6/16 7:57

LSF Member
From Turtle River
It is open, just got back from 4 days there last week. Rodney was around when we launched (Sunday) but not when we came in. I think the tribe is trying to work them out of there, looks like that new landing on the other side of Grassy Narrows had a lot of activity both times we drove past.
FYI--fishing was good as always a lot of 24 to 27 inch fish, one 29

Posted on: 2010/6/16 10:50

From Minnesota
We are staying at Ball Lake on Thursday. They are open and running again. I have talked to Rodney, but I think he is really stepping back...

Posted on: 2010/7/4 19:53

LSF Member
From Iowa
Let me know how you did and what you thought of Ball Lake Lodge. Do you have contact and price info?

Posted on: 2010/7/5 17:55

Iv'e been to Misty's Fishing Adventures a couple of times, are they still open? I can't find their web site or Rodney's contact information.
How about Ball Lake Lodge? Can you drive to it? Is there a Ball Lake Lodge web site. Are they reputable? I love fishing the falls and narrows areas but cant seem to find a place to stay or launch from in 2011. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Neidtman

Posted on: 2011/1/24 22:54

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
The res has taken control over all of the camps and the marina. I know hiwayman has the new phone# for the new management. I will try and track it down for you. Not very comfortable with what is going on up there now. It seems they don't care if anyone goes there with how they are running things.

Posted on: 2011/1/25 22:42

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
The update on the phone # is that it is no good. That whole organization is a mess and it's my opinion that they don't want any tourism on the river system.

Posted on: 2011/1/27 10:26

LSF Member
From Turtle River
I've been going up there for almost 20 years, the one guy we make the trip with has been going up since the 60s! I'm really going to miss going up there, we always camped on the island on Indian Lake. I'll talk with our group and see if I can find any info.

Posted on: 2011/1/27 10:30

I camped on the island too and we had great fishing in the narrows not too far away. We also had great days at the falls and a couple of times in Dumpey when the water was high enough to get in. I really wanted to take my nephew up this summer (2011) to experience it first had. If anyone knows more about the camp sites or Ball Lake lodge, please leave a post! I looked for the old Misty's web site with no luck.

If the river system has no places to stay, can anybody recommed a compariable type of place in Ontario that won't kill me $ wise with similar fishing result. That was the great thing about the camp sites, you could afford to do the trip even with the high cost of gas. I'd even be willing to pay for a lodge if the fishing were similar and the distance into Canada about the same.

Posted on: 2011/1/27 22:23

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page