Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

Re: English River- Grassy Narrows
LSF Member
Quote:

Ret-ro wrote:
The update on the phone # is that it is no good. That whole organization is a mess and it's my opinion that they don't want any tourism on the river system.

Without question there has been some management issues and changes with the lodge. The lodge/marina is owned by the First Nation and is leased out to a manager. Over the past few years Rodney and his wife have run the marina but it appears that they have ran into issues so they no longer are the lease holders.

According to the lease, which was issued for a five year period, up keep on the lodge, camps and the ROAD into the marina is the responsibility of the lease holder. Anyone who has been up there the last few years can clearly see that this has not been done. Furthermore no or little marketing has been done to promote the business nor has much up keep been done. Therefore, because the listed time on the lease has expired the First Nation has chosen to not renew Rodney’s lease with him and his wife. This lease is no different than any other business rental/management agreement.

I have been going to that area now for about 12-13 years. During that time I have made probably 17-18 trip up there. Over that period I can say that in the last few years many things have not been kept up like they had in the past. That road in has gotten nothing but worse and worse during that time. Rodney continued to whine about not having enough guest in there to pay for it so he felt the First Nation should pay the bill. Anyone who used that road last year and the year before can tell you why he lost a lot of business. He knew what he was getting into when he signed the lease and he also knew that the road issue was also part of it.

I was told that the road into the marina will be under construction this next summer/spring weather permitting as to when it will be done. It is my understanding that the First Nation is going to bring in a commercial crew to undertake this project. We can only hope they get this done early.

I have learned that the marina will now be ran by Robert Williams and his wife from Grassy Narrows. From what I understand they just signed the lease within the last week. They, as well as the First Nation, do want us to come up to fish and stay. A group of us will be staying for 7 days in August. Speaking with him on the phone he seemed to be a very nice guy. They can be reached at 807-925-2678.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 19:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Wright County
Thanks for the update Scenic

Posted on: 2011/1/30 13:14

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Thanks for the update and contact info scenic!! I hope that it heads back in the right direction and improvements are made. I really want to continue visiiting that area. The uneasy part of it all is what has happened to all the other camps that were going and in the last couple years have literally flopped after being pulled back in by the first nation.

Posted on: 2011/2/5 8:55

Have a trip booked on Friday, June 10th, 2011 to Grassy Narrows, English River. Does anyone know if the road to the Ojibwa Marina is under construction or not. Is the marina launch accessable? What is the name or # of the new launch on the other side of Grassy Narrows? How do you get to it?

Posted on: 2011/5/19 22:37

First of all yes Robert seems to be a very nice guy. But Rodney was also a nice guy that tried. And I think would of kept it running if His Lease wasn't from year to year. And would have made changes. And do you really think the tribe is goin to take care of it good luck. They ran Ball lake lodge into the ground and grassy lodge into the ground. And all of us know when they did run smooth back in the day they were full all summer long. But look at them now fire wood is all there good for now. Well I pray they at least keep marina goin so I can keep going back because fishing is at it's finest in the north country. Well keep your hooks sharp and the nets handy. # for marina is 1-807-925-2051. Roberts home # Is 1-807-925-2678

Posted on: 2011/5/26 11:40

LSF Member
From Turtle River
Heading up on June 4th staying with Daniel he's got cabins on Indian Lake...always look forward this trip. It will be our first at Daniel's place and first not tenting it on an island. Can't wait!

Posted on: 2011/5/26 11:48

LSF Member
will be up there staying at marina,look me up ill have a red skeeter bass boat,around june 10th

Posted on: 2011/5/26 23:31

LSF Member
would like to learn more about those cabins on Indian lake thanks

Posted on: 2011/5/26 23:38

LSF Member
From Wright County
to LSF ecobass!!

Guys let us know how your experience is at the Marina and the cabins on Indian. I am hoping that all goes well for you. I would love to get back up there for a couple of great days of fishing

Posted on: 2011/5/27 7:54

Hey ecobass just bring the fly spray and let me worry about the catching walleye part. See you at manenard falls

Posted on: 2011/5/27 9:46

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page