Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Re: English River- Grassy Narrows
LSF Member
Oh, and I always have gulp crawlers along. The leech or minnow just never seems to work for me, but there have been days and even trips that the plastics have out fished live bait for sure. My personal best two eyes have both came off a gulp crawler. that said, there are days when someone else in the boat has nailed three fish and I have none. time to switch to the real thing LOL.

Posted on: 2015/6/12 18:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
The fishing was super. Lot of 20something walleye. Made the run to Wabigoon one day, but had a terrible mayfly hatch going on there. Northerns bit but eyes did not in there. Had our best luck fishing sand bays that the wind was blowing into. Water is too low to get into Dumpy, but we did catch a few fish in tide narrows and had fair luck in Oxolis bay. Several of our days had a south wind and the scattered bays on the north side of Indian produced well. We caught a lot of Northerns with dare devils in the shallow bays but not much for size. We also caught a lot of 20 to 24" eyes while doing this. Go figure. Eyes in muddy bottom bays less than 5 feet deep!! 29 1/2 inch eye was big fish for the trip.

Posted on: 2015/6/20 22:47

LSF Member
From NW Wright County
Has anyone stayed in the main cabin, connected to the marina? If so how big was it, number rooms, pots pans, refig ? etc.

Posted on: 2015/6/21 20:28

LSF Member
goalie147
Those #'s are still current. We've stayed in the marina cabin a couple times in the laast 3 years. June of 2014 being the last time. There are some pots and pans and assorted kitchen utensils. I'm thinking 4 beds, but that can change. we have slept as many as 7 but a couple had to sleep on cots we brought. check with Robert to see what is there right now. Try the marina # around 7 to 8 pm. I just reached him there at that time last night or else call the home # after 9 pm. If you leave a message he has been good at getting back to me although it may take a couple days sometimes. marina cabin has one main dining/living/bedroom plus another two bedrooms and the kitchen and shower room. still the outdoor bathroom. it has a fridge.stove and even a micro wave if I remember correctly. Unless it's been fixed it also has a leaky roof. We had to have a couple drip pans out when it rained, but
Robert was working on patching that but I heard from the people who were in there last week that it still leaked.

Posted on: 2015/6/22 19:43

Hi guys I've been fishing the English river for the last four years out of the last resort in grassy Narrows. We usually fish the Narrows on the North Side and South side of Indian and random other bays on the way and sometimes get up around the ball Lake resort. Everyone talks about fishing Scotty & dumpy but we've never been able to get our boats in. Can you guys recommend some other spots for walleye fishing? Thanks

Posted on: 2015/6/24 20:38

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Scotty & dumpy were accessible in 2013 & 2014 starting in mid June for most boats. It is all dependent upon the water levels. Maynard falls and the tide lake narrows are two other great areas. They are further up north from ball lake lodge.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 10:05

Hi guys, I will be headed up to the English river in the middle of September. I'm really hoping to get into Scotty and Dumpy this year. If I can get in I was wondering if you guys had any good spots to fish and what techniques or lures work well in there? Thanks.

Posted on: 2015/8/16 21:58

LSF Member
From NW Wright County
Ret-ro you guys planning another trip to grassy narrows this year? Is Robert still running the Marina? Are his phone numbers still the same? I tried emailing him but have not got a response in two attempts.

Posted on: 4/15 14:40:13

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Yeah, me and thunders group and hiwaymans group will be up the second full week in June. Robert's home # has been best. I don't have a email.

Posted on: 4/15 21:50:02

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page