Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: 49 1/4 Muskie
LSF Member
From Elk River/Bemidji, MN
Quote:

Arcons wrote:
As a muskie fisherman I know it doesn't take much more than a minute to pull one of those tanks in but if you say you've caught plenty and this one didn't survive it's understandable.

1 out of 20 didn't live.....that's a good ratio to me; ultimately you want a 100% healthy release ratio but those treble hooks are not easy to get out of a big one and it happens. Pounder? Super Model?

Beauty of a fish! Honor it by putting it on the wall!

Don't be afraid to use that floating ruler in the water next time too.

Pro Dawg, Walleye color...about the 10th cast I ever took with that lure. I might have had him follow up on a deeper pass with a Purple/Copper Super Model, I talked myself out of that I had a follow though because the wind and waves, I really couldn't tell forsure if I had a follow or not.

When I got him in the net I could tell he was hooked like a SOB and immediatley just grabbed the bolt cutter and started to go to town and got plenty of teeth to the hand trying to get him in and out. I bought a pair of those Lindy fish handling gloves the next day, my hand was tore up.

Posted on: 2010/6/21 18:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Minneapolis
It happens. Good luck this weekend!

Beauty of a fish!

Posted on: 2010/6/21 18:46

LSF Member
From Owatonna MN
Beavergrad,

Congrats on the fish and didn't mean to butt in and act like I was there. When I heard three minutes I was thinking for pictures and was thinking no wonder it didn't make it. Again nice fish and I shouldn't have opened my big mouth.

Peace,

Posted on: 2010/6/22 9:13

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
Congrats! That is a nice catch.

Sometimes fish die from being caught - that is just the way it is. The more you catch, the more you will kill - period. No shame in your catch - or having it mounted! Good for you.

SL

Posted on: 2010/6/22 9:17

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Nice fish!

It's tough when you're by yourself, end of story!

Posted on: 2010/6/22 9:34

LSF Member
Quote:

Shammy wrote:
Beavergrad,

Congrats on the fish and didn't mean to butt in and act like I was there. When I heard three minutes I was thinking for pictures and was thinking no wonder it didn't make it. Again nice fish and I shouldn't have opened my big mouth.

Peace,

No problem, I should have elaborated a little more knowing how fellow muskie conservationist feel about CPR,etc. Thanks for the congrats guys.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 10:37

LSF Member
From Bemidji/Cass Lake
Yeah the 15min fight shocked me when I read this too. Lol, I figured you must have been using 10lb mono. Stuff happens, and it sounds likes you knew what you were doing and just encountered some problems. I've worked for as long as almost an hour to revive a fish before and have never had one die on me, but of course I cant 100% guarantee every fish I've ever caught has lived either. I'd donate it to a bait shop or something though if I ever did have one die on me.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 12:56

LSF Member
From Metro/Ottertail
Very nice fish!

Posted on: 2010/6/22 13:40

LSF Member
Quote:

Sackett wrote:
Yeah the 15min fight shocked me when I read this too. Lol, I figured you must have been using 10lb mono. Stuff happens, and it sounds likes you knew what you were doing and just encountered some problems. I've worked for as long as almost an hour to revive a fish before and have never had one die on me, but of course I cant 100% guarantee every fish I've ever caught has lived either. I'd donate it to a bait shop or something though if I ever did have one die on me.

My ex caught a 52 on Leech about 7 years ago and it took me a good 35 minutes to get that one to go back. The whole time that one showed signs of life and kept me optimistic...and it looked really good when she took off and I stayed in the area for awhile to make sure it didn't come back belly up.

This fish was upright in the net while I got my tools ready and my measuring stick in position. Once I put her back in the water she was dead as a door nail and didn't even twitch. I really couldn't believe it.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 13:53

LSF Member
From Champlin/Two Harbors
Nice Fish!! Good work wold like to see pic of mount when finished

Posted on: 2010/6/22 14:36

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page