Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

2010-2011 Darkhouse Spearing Season
Supporting Member
From Princeton/Garrison
Well technically we only have weeks before the opener it will most likely be 2nd week of December or so before we get enough ice to put the spear house out.

This afternoon I drug the "stabbin cabin" into the garage to clean up the mess. I had termites get into it this summer and eat alot of the pink insulation on the backside, no wood though. I had put one of those bombs in there late this summer and pull the foam away from the walls to stop the destruction.

I got the shop vac out and got it all cleaned up, moved my fesh air vent, put the foam all back in and painted the floor. Tomorrow I just need to touch up the paint inside and I am ready to go.

Joel "cantgetright" has recently moved here from Wisconsin and most likely will be camped outside my front door when there is enough ice. It sounds like he is pretty pumped to go for the first time and I will be happy to take him.

Posted on: 2010/10/30 20:49

>>>>>>>>>>>> CARRY ON <<<<<<<<<<
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 2010-2011 Darkhouse Spearing Season
Hunting Field Staff
From Red Wing, MN
I don't have a "perm" spear house just 2 portables and did the light test on them last week...

I too am pumped... I what to find some were to spear around Mille Lacs so I have something to do when up at the house... instead of walleye fish

If you didn't know MN lifted the non res. law back in july.... now we can finaly spear ND
Devils Lake hear I come

Posted on: 2010/10/31 22:38

LSF Member
From Barnum, MN
I'll be dragging my house out on the lake as soon as there is enough ice to hold my fourwheeler. Their isn't much better than early ice spearfishing.

Posted on: 2010/10/31 22:47

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
Portable is ready, just waiting for ice. I will throw a new coat of paint on a few old reliable decoys and maybe finish a few new ones. Come on ice.......

SL

Posted on: 2010/11/1 6:47

Pro Staff
From Winnie/Grand Rapids
As much as I cant wait for this weekend rifle opener I am pumped about getting back in the dark house. My uncle got a little rammy last year when we moved our house and seperated the floor from the house, had it blocked up for the rest of the year but over thanksgiving I will have to get it fixed up. Portables are ready to go though.

Did I see read it right that opener is Nov 15th?? If so hope to be able to get out over thanksgiving.

Posted on: 2010/11/1 8:01
NPAA #523

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Supporting Member
From Princeton/Garrison
Quote:

ducksmuggler wrote:
I don't have a "perm" spear house just 2 portables and did the light test on them last week...

I too am pumped... I what to find some were to spear around Mille Lacs so I have something to do when up at the house... instead of walleye fish

If you didn't know MN lifted the non res. law back in july.... now we can finaly spear ND
Devils Lake hear I come

A lake close to Mille Lacs to spear has the same name as the suburb just north of Prior Lake. It's a secret so I can't publisize it

Just be carefull for the silver ones!!

Posted on: 2010/11/3 21:04

Supporting Member
From Princeton/Garrison
Gettin Close!!!!!

Posted on: 2010/11/19 14:05

LSF Member
From Barnum, MN
I'm going to head out with the tip-ups in the morning to check the ice and the house will hopefully be out Tuesday or over the weekend.

Posted on: 2010/11/21 16:05

Hunting Field Staff
From Red Wing, MN
What no one been out...

we don't have any useable ice around home.

Posted on: 2010/12/6 13:06

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
I hit a small ITasca County lake Saturday morning. Had 6 inches of ice where I was. Saw a couple smaller ones and one real nice fish that was a little too fast for me. It came in like a freight train and hit my decoy - and proceeded to burn off about 15 feet of line. Never saw it again. I guessed it at somewhere in the mid-teens. Exciting to say the least.

Tim

Posted on: 2010/12/6 13:13

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page