Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Late January report...
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
One word... SLUSH!

That pretty much sums up the last few days around here. With the snow and blowing we had on Sunday and Monday everything shut in, and the roads all have sluch pockets. Some as deep as 12" or better. Travel is very tough, even on some of the plowed roads.

Walleye fishing remains on and off. One night a wave of nice fish will hit and everyone's semi-happy, and the next night only a few fish are caught. This "stable" weather should improve the bite quite a bit. Crappie fishing in the area remains steady. Crappie-Spense and I hit a lake tonight for just under 2 hours and managed to ice 15 crappies, big fish was the first, 13.25".

Our rentals are full on weekends through the end of walleye season. We do have a few weekday dates open, as well as a few March perch openings.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_3227.JPG (69.50 KB)
52_4d3f7d5342d89.jpg 584X778 px

Posted on: 2011/1/25 20:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Late January report...
LSF Member
From Moorhead and all around
Thanks for the update Matt.

Posted on: 2011/1/25 20:51

LSF Member
From East Gull Lake/Bemidji
My dad and brother took one house off Bemidji and moved another yesterday and it took them most of the day . Dad said the slush was getting real bad, my brother was plowing and my dad would stay back and pull him out when he got stuck(dad said thanks to someone helping with thier V plow or they might still be out there). Sounded like a real bizzatch. Fishing has been slow for them, but there is hope in the "NEW" spot. We'll see, you don't know unless your there to find out!!

Posted on: 2011/1/25 20:59

Supporting Member
From Bemidji
I knew it was bad when "the girl" gets the call from Matty saying "we need you".

Posted on: 2011/1/25 21:03

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes, MN
Nice job Matt. Nice looking slab!

Posted on: 2011/1/25 22:08

Pro Staff
From Detroit Lakes/Fergus Falls
Well we are going to be in one of NCGS "sleepers" this weekend! Maybe you could move it to one of the crappie holes mid day for us
We are hoping to be able to drive to the house and set up for eyes, perch, pout or anything that may cruise by!
We should be getting there on Friday, just in time for the fish to shut down due the "clipper" that is scheduled to move through on Friday night/Saturday!
It's tough all over: I've not driven on a DL area lake yet this year, and that has made for miserable travel: Wheeler is fairly worthless unless you are sticking to plowed roads, and than hauling the gear gets old and tiresome very quickly!
Have the perm. on Deadshot, just for some easy, small fish action!
I'm hoping that this weekend everything is about to change and the fish are going to be on a feeding frenzy! We will have all the necessary tools to get the job done if they are active....and plenty of food and beverages in case they aren't
We are bringing a grill and plenty of "vittles" to pass the time!
Thanks for the report!

Posted on: 2011/1/25 22:15

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
If you plan on fishing portable at all you will have to have a sled. There were very few roads plowed, and I'm guessing now there will be even less. I tried pulling my 2 person, made it about 75yds and I was shot.

Nice slab Matt, I will try to post some pics of the tullies I picked up later.

Posted on: 2011/1/25 22:20

LSF Member
From Backus, MN
Nice job guys!

Posted on: 2011/1/25 22:25
www.conquestscents.com

Supporting Member
From Bemidji
JJ... remember that nice "highway" going out to the ice cabin? It's GONE!

Posted on: 2011/1/25 22:26

Pro Staff
From Detroit Lakes/Fergus Falls
Quote:

WalleyeGal wrote:
JJ... remember that nice "highway" going out to the ice cabin? It's GONE!

Hmmm, could you get Trent a shovel and let him know we would like it back open for our arrival?
Should we throw a portable in (with no wheeler or sled), to use as an outdoor biffy, since we won't use it for fishing with the conditions? ....kinda kidding....kinda.....?
What would you guys recommend bringing for "stuck in the fishhouse enjoyment" Cards, Cameras, Vexilar, Food...????
What type of bait? Tip-ups? Shiners, Fat heads, rainbows?
Lets hear what we "need" to have
This is the first time in a sleeper on anything but URL and LOW....

Posted on: 2011/1/25 22:36

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page