Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Ice Auger Clearance....
LSF Member
I'm looking to get a new strikemaster lazer pro 3hp. Wondering if anyone knows if there are any on clearance anywhere. Or should a guy just wait till the ice fishing show next year? Anyone know what kind of deal they were selling these augers for at the last show??? Thanks for any info guys.....

Posted on: 2011/3/13 14:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice Auger Clearance....
LSF Member
was at reeds onamia looking at augers. they had them discounted at $0 or so off. give them a call, they still had in stock.

Posted on: 2011/3/13 23:51

LSF Member
From St. Michael, MN
I rarely buy any large items outside of the ice show, just because the deals that are to be had there.
BUT, I found a hell of a deal on an Eskimo auger at Joe's (granted....they put it $20 lower at the show, less than a week later, but they made it up by giving me a set of blades at the show).
Check out H & H in Maple Lake. I know they had some hot deals there not too long ago on Strikemasters. I haven't seen a price comperable since.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 7:20

LSF Member
i meant $40-$50 off. lol

Posted on: 2011/3/17 19:00

Pro Staff
From Detroit Lakes/Fergus Falls
Now is a great time to save some big bucks and pick up an auger that has been used for a year or two: I know a lot of guys sell at the end of the year to buy a new one for next year: I've seen lazer pros that are a year old going for 375: With the service that strikemaster provides I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to buy a couple year old auger.

Posted on: 2011/3/17 21:22

LSF Member
Reed's in Onamia, the person who posted earlier of a savings of $0 might have typed the wrong number or didnt ask a salesmen in detail. I bought a lazer mag with 10 inch auger there a few years ago during the week after walleye fishing closed and the price was already knocked down, and then i made a offer directly to the salesmen and he excepted it. The total savings were over $80, and im not talking about the MRSP price, that was after what they wanted for it on sale... I didnt think they would but it was by far the best deal i had ever found, even better then the Ice Show. It may have been a unusual circumstance, new models coming out, but give it a shot, and have a number in mind after taxes before you talk to a sales rep. Try Reeds

Posted on: 2011/3/17 21:46

LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
You will "Always" get a better deal on augers at the end of the season! I've never seen an auger priced better at the sports show, than at the end of the ice season!

Posted on: 2011/3/18 0:06

LSF Member
From Stillwater, MN/Danbury, WI
Got a killer deal at the ice show about 9-10 years ago. My brother had just secured a FL18, Strikemaster 9in, and a Genz flip over and then it was my turn to wheel and deal.

Asked them what they would throw in with a new Strikemaster. They said $20 in Northland tackle, a wooden rattle reel, and a $15 scooper. Told them great I'll take a 7in lazer gas unit and a 8in lazer electric unit. The price on the augers were $279.99 plus tax! They eneded up sending me two 7's and later sent an 8 inch!!!

About five years ago had a Strikemaster with 10in Lazer stolen along with my atv. At the end of the year sale at gander secured a Strikemaster with 10in Lazer for $299.99

A couple years ago at the very end of the ice season decided to buy another auger, a Strikemaster 2hp with 8in chipper used 5 times for $175.

Looked on CL the other day and found some pretty good prices on used strikemaster augers. Of course sitting flushed with ice augers don't need any more but there are good prices out there.

Posted on: 2011/3/21 17:09

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page