Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Blocked Landing (pics)
LSF Member
From Elk River, MN
What is the problem with boat trailers being there? I guess I would have a problem with that if the landing was busy and people didn't have a place to park because of it. But then again if the boat that is supposed to be on that trailer is on the lake it is being parked there legitimately. I have been known to leave my trailer at the ramp while my wife or buddy is still out in the boat while I run to get more gas, food, ice or whatever. Easier for me to unhook the trailer, make a quick trip and not have to find a spot to park again and back in again. I do realize this is an asshole move but I don't see anything illegal about it.

Posted on: 2011/5/1 21:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From St. Leo, MN
nothing wrong with the boat trailers there. the tribal CO was blocking the access is the problem

Posted on: 2011/5/2 1:07

Founder & Editor
From Deerwood, MN
Quote:

Outkast wrote:
What is the problem with boat trailers being there? I guess I would have a problem with that if the landing was busy and people didn't have a place to park because of it. But then again if the boat that is supposed to be on that trailer is on the lake it is being parked there legitimately. I have been known to leave my trailer at the ramp while my wife or buddy is still out in the boat while I run to get more gas, food, ice or whatever. Easier for me to unhook the trailer, make a quick trip and not have to find a spot to park again and back in again. I do realize this is an asshole move but I don't see anything illegal about it.

The problem is that there is a complete disregard for the fishery and Minnesota state law. They show up mostly from out of town, take over the public accesses, setup a circus tent used as a processing plant, camp next to no camping signs, and use the access as their personal storage facility.

Sorry, but these particular people are not running to get bait or gas. The boats are beached down at the lake with a bunch of other boats.

Posted on: 2011/5/2 8:31

LSF Member
From Avon, MN & Beautiful Mille Lacs
Quote:

Mike wrote:
Quote:

Outkast wrote:

The problem is that there is a complete disregard for the fishery and Minnesota state law. They show up mostly from out of town, take over the public accesses, setup a circus tent used as a processing plant, camp next to no camping signs, and use the access as their personal storage facility.

Sorry, but these particular people are not running to get bait or gas. The boats are beached down at the lake with a bunch of other boats.

X2

Posted on: 2011/5/2 8:38

http://www.casstoday.com/

LSF Member
From Hartville, OH / Lake Erie
Quote:

fishfindermn wrote:
mnflyer> if you are referring to my post, this thread nor the pics on this thread were referring to the campfires, or drinking. You should read all of the comments including the first one before you unleash. People, even white people camp, or stay in a motor home and have little campfires at alot of the accesses all year long. They too are doing something illegal. And the next time your on I94 heading to Minneapolis, and you see a state patrol car parked on the side of the road with no one pulled over. Stop and tell him it is illegal and if he cannot start to move, you will call a tow truck.

that is the weakest arguement ive seen on here in a while!
a state trooper really you couldnt come up with something better!!have you ever noticed after they pull someone over they have to fill out paperwork leaving their lights on so people dont ram into the back of them! i have fished mille lacs for the past 5 years and i have yet to see any of the above mentioned during the fishing season... the majority of us here like to keep the accesses public because they arent around all that much anymore and its a gift for us to not have to pay to launch so we like to follow rules so it stays public! you have had nothing posetive to say about the situation! your looking at the situation and making it seem like its all accidents and bearings are out ,and everyone camps and thats just not true!!!its an ongoing problem. they do it becasue they know they can get away with it. the dnr is not taking the right actions towards the situation therefore what they do keeps on getting worse! if your not going to help the situation and keep looking at the posetives of the situation and complain about others who actualy take pride in trying to stop this problem then DONT POST ON THIS TOPIC!

Posted on: 2011/5/2 10:10

LSF Member
From Leech Lake/Lake Mille Lacs
The point is, very simply, laws are not being fairly applied here.

There is also very obvious rules/regs posted that "storing" private property is not allowed-"overnight".

Again...state laws , based on skin color and ethnic origin, not fairly applied and enforced.

Posted on: 2011/5/2 10:23

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. MLK

LSF Member
From Fargo
I only see free trailers.

Just like if AI leave a deer stand up on public land, its alllowed to be used by anyone???? is that an argument?
anyways yes its BS that he blocked the access. nothing much you could do but what was done (pictures) either way its a sh*it storm down there with all this going on.
I really wish there was no netting period.

Posted on: 2011/5/2 11:09

LSF Member
From Glencoe, Mn
I really like the idea of the convoy with as many people as possible to flood the landings at the most opportune time. NICE AND SLOW! Picture this: Back the boat down to the water, unload all the gear out of the truck/vehicle, unstrap the boat, double check everything, back down into the water, make it look as though the motor won't start, finally get it started after hooking back up the fuel line, that was accidentally left off. Now for the next boat to repeat this process. Oh, how the video of this happening would be so pleasing.

Posted on: 2011/5/2 11:27

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
LMAO, would be hilarious. Then when you get it started, it dies and you have to reload it on the trailer, unload all your gear and head to the next access on the list to repeat the process.

Posted on: 2011/5/2 12:06
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From Elk River, MN
Still nobody answered my question, I agree completely that what is going on is wrong. I just am not sure there is a law being broken with the trailers if they the boats and owners are on the water. I am just curious about the trailers, were the boats that belonged on those trailers in the water?

And I am all for a convoy, I have a few boats that "float" so if anyone really wants to do it and you don't have a boat I have a loaner for ya. Oh and I can scrounge up a canoe or two (you know how hard it is to launch one of them from the top of a lifted suburban) that could take a good half hour!

Posted on: 2011/5/2 14:29

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page