Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: who buys carp?
LSF Member
Wow this topic is just too funny.

Typical uninformed white guy with carp wanting to sell to Asians. I'd laugh so hard if someone approached me and tried to sell me some carp.

That's like me going around trying to sell some pike that I caught to the first white guy I see.

Posted on: 2011/6/30 21:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Glencoe, Mn
Quote:

iceman22 wrote:

Typical uninformed white guy with carp wanting to sell to Asians. I'd laugh so hard if someone approached me and tried to sell me some carp.

That's like me going around trying to sell some pike that I caught to the first white guy I see.

WOW! Really? "Typical uninformed white guy"?

Posted on: 2011/6/30 22:29

LSF Member
lol, when i was 18, i go fish at Coon Rapids Dam and catch carp, i sold them to Mexicans for $5 a carp...made $30 one day...mexicans like to keep them too, i asked why? they say that carp has lots of meat, so they make em into burritos and tacos....

Posted on: 2011/7/1 7:28

LSF Member
you can try to see if the Asain Markets want them, i see carp at most asian markets...try these...

Sun Foods - Brooklyn Center/ St. Paul

Double Dragon - St.Paul---maryland/rice st.

Dragon Star- St. Paul....

Posted on: 2011/7/1 7:33

LSF Member
From NORTH SAINT PAUL
The idea of selling carp for self profit gain sounds good but I think that might be illegal. However, they do make good fertilizers along with Sheepheads. I do keep a few from time to time to fertilze my garden. Also when time is hard to provide, carp and sheepheads do keep me full though I would preferred a nice walleye sandwich.

Posted on: 2011/7/1 10:03

LSF Member
From Twin Stars (Mpls & St Paul)
Quote:

ayang wrote:
you can try to see if the Asain Markets want them, i see carp at most asian markets...try these...

Really? I never seen Carp at those locations. They have plenty of other fish such as Tilapia, Salmon, Striper, & imported fish. I have seen Carp at Cub foods?

Posted on: 2011/7/1 10:26

LSF Member
From Twin Stars (Mpls & St Paul)
Quote:

BigBuckBuster wrote:
Quote:

iceman22 wrote:

WOW! Really? "Typical uninformed white guy"?

Not everyone is gonna know. There is nothing typical about this. You can argue both points.

The only people I see keeping Carp these days are the ones that want them. White, Asian, Mexican, all keep Carp. But I dont think anyone will buy them these days for food when your nearby local water holes is filled with them. And that there are better tasting fish to eat that are just as easy to catch.

Posted on: 2011/7/1 10:31

Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
i've froze them also and kept them for bear bait. worked awesome

Posted on: 2011/7/3 4:15

Watch your top knot.

LSF Member
Quote:

ayang wrote:

I doubt those asian markets would buy carps from you. Go on craigslist and post it for free or an amount you want in the farm/garden section, some gardener or farmers might want some.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 13:44

LSF Member
Quote:

bigeyes22 wrote:
Yeah i think the mongs buy them but u could afend some of them if they dont buy them not all of them do.

it's not mongs it's HMONG

ya HITEY i meant whitey

Posted on: 2011/7/3 15:05

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page