Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Bemidji board
LSF Member
I was just wondering what the deal is with the bemidji posters. kinda thought this board was to help others go catch some fish but the bemidji board seems like its more of just a place to brag.
Any questions are answered with "goto the dnr lake finder"
If you goto the LOTW board, people will tell you where, when, and what they used.
not sure what the point is of giving a report on a nameless lake.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 15:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bemidji board
LSF Member
LOTW is an enourmous lake and most often people aren't giving away exact locations in their reports. They give you a resort they are going out of or an area on the lake they are fishing, but not an exact location.

Unless I am fishing a large lake, I don't list lake names either. And if I am, I won't give an exact location. I try to help others out by telling them what was working for me/us while I was out. Depths, type of structure, lure, bait, etc. Not many people will tell you which lakes they are fishing and I don't blame them. We have to protect our resources.

Keep up the good work Bemidji posters!

Posted on: 2012/2/11 15:31

LSF Member
From Moorhead and all around
Quote:

mrnorth wrote:
I was just wondering what the deal is with the bemidji posters. kinda thought this board was to help others go catch some fish but the bemidji board seems like its more of just a place to brag.
Any questions are answered with "goto the dnr lake finder"
If you goto the LOTW board, people will tell you where, when, and what they used.
not sure what the point is of giving a report on a nameless lake.
Why name the small lake when it could get fished out within a week being all over the internet. Some people like to go to a lake without all the people out there. I will also tell where i was on big lakes such as Lake of the Woods but not small lakes sorry.

These forums help a lot of people out on a daily basis by telling people what is working for them and then maybe you can put that to use for yourself.

Sorry this is the one subject that gets me on public forums is people naming the lakes. I hate it. I have seen many lakes ruined because of this.

But on the other hand i would try and help someone out the best i can without naming the lake.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 16:04

LSF Member
From Hutchinson/Bemidji
Thanks eyeman for understanding!

And yes, just as he said, of course the LOTW section on this forum will tell a lot more, it is a tremendous fishery that can support Thousands of fisherman! Yes there are some lakes around the Bemidji area that can handle some pressure, such as Cass, Upper Red, and perhaps even Lake Bemidji. But there are Separate forums for those big lakes (except Bemidji of course). But even Bemidji is only 6,500 or so acres.

We tell everyone to go to DNR lakefinder because those are the types of methods that we used, and worked hard to find good spots on smaller bodies of water, spending hours and days on the water/ice in search of the honey holes. I have no problem sharing what lures/depths/etc. are working, but I don't expect anyone to give away the information to their favorite spot because they probably worked very hard to find it!!

So no offence mrnorth, but if you want to find some good lakes, go to DNR Lakefinder, tons of good info on there

Posted on: 2012/2/11 16:06

LSF Member
I'm pretty new to LSF as well, but in my brief experience, I have received plenty of help from the guys on this forum. I spend most of my time browsing the Bemidji area forum and have found these guys to be very helpful and informative. Unless you are new to fishing, you probably have information on a few lakes that you keep to yourself as well. I for one am not willing to give away all of my spots. Thanks again LSF for all the tips and tricks!

Posted on: 2012/2/11 16:12

LSF Member
From Wright County
A suggestion would be to PM another member if you have a question about a nameless lake report. Many members will share information via PM but wont put it in the main forums for thousands to read

Posted on: 2012/2/11 16:12

LSF Member
From Hutchinson/Bemidji
Quote:

thunder wrote:
A suggestion would be to PM another member if you have a question about a nameless lake report. Many members will share information via PM but wont put it in the main forums for thousands to read

+1 You can find that I am quite willing to help further through a PM. Just gotta ask.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 16:15

LSF Member
From Apple Valley, MN & NW Wisconsin
I don't want to sound like an A-Hole mrnorth but did you want the guys that post on the Bemidji forum to set up your shack and bait your hook for you too? Part of fishing is doing your homework and putting in the time and effort until you find a honey hole you can call your own. Harping on others for not giving you specific locations or lake names isn't going to make you any friends on this site. Also calling the people you want help from "braggers" isn't helping your chances of getting any fishing tips either.

I don't know about you guys but when I am stuck in my cubicle at work during the week and pull up LSF and see pics of NorthCounty, Crappie Spense, and Muskyslayer pulling up those huge crappies I get antsy for the weekend and can't wait to hit the lake. Plus I know who to call if I ever want a guided trip in the Bemidji area or if I want to rent a sleeper up there.

mrnorth, no offense but if I were them I wouldn't help you out at all. It doesn't sound like you'd appreciate it anyways. Kind of seems like you're just looking for a handout.

Keep up the good work Bemidji crew!!!!

Posted on: 2012/2/11 16:53

Supporting Member
From Bemidji
Quote:

wally_wizall wrote:
I don't want to sound like an A-Hole mrnorth but did you want the guys that post on the Bemidji forum to set up your shack and bait your hook for you too?

If this is what he's lookin for, NCGS can do this for him to! LOL

As has been said, many of these lakes we have been pulling these big crappies and perch out of, are coming out of little lakes that would get POUNDED if we were to put it in a forum. We keep it private to protect the resources.

Even the fishing we do out on Bemidji we are not going to give you our GPS cords, if we did that I could guarantee you within a very short time our houses would be smothered with people. Guess what, our rentals are out in the middle of no where land. The reason, it's QUIET! This year more than ever before we have found that noise has been a major contributor on whether or not we and our guests are catching fish.

Now we are more than glad to share what is working as far as bait, depth, presentations, but we are not going to give you "the spot".

Sorry if that's what your lookin for, you won't get it here, maybe you should try LOTW.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 17:54

LSF Member
Holy, kinda of speaks to my point.
First off, I didnt ask anyone for anything. If you took the time to read my post you would see that.
In fact I sent pm's to those people out of town who wanted some advice for the area.
My thought is, if someone from out of town wants to take there kids fishing, I'm more then willing to tell them where ive been catching fish.
I can see this is pointless,guys want to talk crap over an internet forum are just looking for a reason to argue. I didnt attack anyone or even criticize anyone. I asked a simple question that wasnt ment to offend anyone.
yes i want someone to find the fish,set up my house and bait my hook....... idiot

Posted on: 2012/2/11 18:40

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page