Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Bemidji board
LSF Member
From Moorhead and all around
Quote:

mrnorth wrote:
Holy, kinda of speaks to my point.
First off, I didnt ask anyone for anything. I didnt attack anyone or even criticize anyone.
You attacked the people on the Bemidji board by calling them braggers and not helping anyone by not naming the lakes. Did you already forget what you posted. We were just trying to answer your question with honesty. Sorry if it offended you. I for one did not mean for it to.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 18:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Chaska
Thunder has the right idea! This site has too many people that just lurk on here looking for a free meal ticket without adding anything to the forum.
I also think that most folks on here would be more than happy to help a person out that becomes a contributing member to the forum.
I used to feel the same way as mrnorth but was ignorant to the impact this website has on the fishing community.
If somebody does offer you some insight on a hotspot it would probably be in your better interest not to start spreading the info all over or you will not get anymore help.
This is a great website with a lot of good people on it.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 20:29

Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.(unknown)

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes/Fargo, ND
Half the fun of fishing is finding the spot! If it's not a spot you scoped out yourself and you are just stealing off everyone else's hard work, you can't feel nearly as good when you pull fish out of the hole. I love this site and think people do great with their posts and it's a great balance between helping a person out but not giving too much info where it might get a persons secret spot fished out.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 20:57

LSF Member
Quote:

thunder wrote:
A suggestion would be to PM another member if you have a question about a nameless lake report. Many members will share information via PM but wont put it in the main forums for thousands to read

Well put.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 21:54

LSF Member
From Apple Valley, MN & NW Wisconsin
Well said Ray1! Apparently mrnorth thinks I am an idiot but I was just calling him out on what he said in his post. I guess there is no need to get in a pissing match with the guy but it's just funny how he starts ragging on people on this forum and calling them braggers but then says he never meant to offend or attack anyone.

Anyways those are my last words regarding this topic. No use beating a dead horse. My advice to mrnorth......find a lake you like and drill! You should eventually find the fish

Posted on: 2012/2/12 11:56

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
mrnorth, if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. I will gladly tell you exactly what I use and the methods that we use everyday on the ice. Like others have said, were not going to give out lake names on the internet but if you have questions about a lake or need advice on a general area of where to fish let me know, I would be more than happy to help you out. Good luck!

Spenser

Posted on: 2012/2/12 12:20

LSF Member
From Belle Plaine
Here is a little food for thought...

4 years ago myself and two buddies went to a lake and caught a bunch of nice crappies. The next weekend 20 people from town were on the same spot...Now imagine if it the report was on the internet and not just word of mouth...And that is why we are so reluctant to give up lakes that we worked hard to find...

Like most have said already, we will point you in the right direction in a PM but not just post specifics up for the general public...

Posted on: 2012/2/12 14:21

LSF Member
From EGF, MN
I think that most people that participate on this board are willing to give out some of the most critical fishing information you can get, which is current fishing patterns and trends. I would never expect anyone to give up their "secret spot". Part of the fun is finding your own "spots". One of the best ways to find out what works on certain lakes is to get out there and fish them. I would also encourage hiring a guide. This area has several great guides that are paid to give you fishing advice. I fish a smaller Bemidji lake "Clearwater". I used to think the lake was the "dead sea". I fished it very hard the last few years and have my developed my own secrets. And believe me I got skunked several times trying to learn the lake. If someone asked me for tips I would give them a few. But I fish the lake almost every weekend, and want I want to keep it a good fishery for the future.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 13:37

LSF Member
I completely understand not giving out favorite spots. I wouldnt do that either.
I think it was assumed that i was complaining about no one giving me info.
That is/was not the case. I've been in bemidji for over 30 years, I fish atleast twice a week winter and summer.
I was reffering to people from out of town asking for some lakes to try. I pm them myself(and didnt give out my fav spots).
there are literally hundreds of lakes that r good for eyes in the area and I have been fishing crappie this year very hard.
Anyway,I apoligize to anyone that I ofended, that was not my intention at all.

Landon, I see you are from EGF, Have you fished maple or union this year? Ive heard they are both doing quiet well.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 20:22

LSF Member
From EGF, MN
Actually my girlfriend's dad has a place on maple and i keep saying to myself that i am gonna try ice fishing there, but havent had a chance this year. I have fished it a few times in the summer but all the lake traffic is for the birds!! I have heard the crappie fishing has been pretty good. Any word on walleyes? I have a tough time fishing that lake, because the depths are so uniform. I have never fished union. Definitely need to try it before the ice is out. What lakes in the bemidji area do ya fish?

Posted on: 2012/2/13 23:14

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page