Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Mille Lacs resorts
I'm trying to set up a family vacation in late June for my wife and myself, her two sisters, and their husbands (6 of us). Any suggestions on where to stay? I have heard nothing but good things about the Red Door, and that would be a no brainer except i see that they do not allow dogs (we have 1). Appledorns was another possibility, and they allow you to bring dogs for a small fee. Any input on either of these or other suggestions? Should we just suck it up and board the dog and go with the Red Door? (Although I hate to leave her out of the trip, she always seems to enjoy them as much as we do.)

thanks in advance!

Posted on: 2012/4/24 15:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Mille Lacs resorts
LSF Member
Hunters Point is nice, clean, has a restaurant/bar and does allow dogs.

Posted on: 2012/4/24 16:47

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
Red Door, Twin Pines and Hunters are the resorts I have used that I would recommend on Mille Lacs.

Other great options if you may be looking to camp would be one of the 2 State Parks around Mille Lacs, Father Hennepin and Kathio. Kathio has other fishing opportunites aside from Mille Lacs as well.

Posted on: 2012/4/24 16:57
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From Blaine
Is this a fishing vacation or just a get out of town reunion vacation? What are you planning for activities? Different resorts offer different amenities.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 9:56

LSF Member
I have stayed at Fisherman's Wharf, allows dogs, marina access, bar, restaurant. No complaints from me.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 10:23

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs Lake
Autumn Breeze Kennel 320-679-8218 is south of Isle and offers boarding. Close enough where you could go visit the dog during your stay if you wanted to. Have never been to the kennel but looks nice and clean on their website but I have personally met the owner, Ed Erickson, and he is a really nice guy.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 14:54

Thanks for the responses everyone! its a fishing/ family vacation. My wife and I and one of the other two couples really enjoy fishing, the other couple not so much. So we need to have stuff available for them to do as well.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 19:03

LSF Member
We are doing a week in late june at Izatys, its a family week, my son and I will fish alot but the wife and daughter not so much so we booked here because of the pool, beach, golf course and all the other things to do when not on the lake. Havent been there before but it looked nice and was very affordable.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 21:12

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
Spent alot of time at Izatys as a teenager, havent been there since it was reopened.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 22:10
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From northeast metro
The condos are nice. They hotel rooms are a little outdated, and old. They are clean, but could just use some remodeling. If your spend a lot of time outside it's not a big deal, but some of the ladies expect more. Last year when I was there the pool was pretty dirty. Golf Course is decent, they have some pretty good deals there. Not sure if the other one ever opened, but last year only one was open. It was in pretty good condition though. If your bored at night you can catch some nice gills and bass off the 18th fairway.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 22:58

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page